Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @arlousercali and @Panthers52,

Which iPhone are you using where the camera goes into recording mode and shows frozen?

pyharume
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo app live feed works fine, but when I go to look at videos that are recorded the videos are all frozen, but when I login online the videos work fine on the computer.

what is happening here??

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dwang,

Does this happen while on wifi or cellular data?

Debbiedis
Tutor
Tutor
How can I get the update? It’s saying my phone is utd
brh
Master
Master

@pyharume

What mobile phone and software are you using? I believe that with the latest iPhones Apple changed something causing this. I don't know about Android devices.

Brian

Guwrb1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Have new iphoneXs Max
Video will not play. Recording shows 30 sec When you hit play the timer moves but video is frozen.

Arlo you aware of this.
Rlbeetle
Guide
Guide

@Zandian wrote:
For those saying they’ve upgraded to 12.1 with no success I have a sneaking suspicion you are actually at 12.0.1. May want to check it again.

For those who have upgraded to the 12.1 beta I hope your success ends up being the solution to this problem. I really didn’t want to be told to replace my Arlo’s. That would have been an expensive and extremely aggravating solution. Already had to go through that once when the old Vue cameras upgraded to Arlo. Not happy at that time, but they did offer a pretty good discount on new ones. I doubt something like that would be offered again...

Z

I went through the same thing with the VueZone cameras.  They did give us a good discount and also gave us plenty of time (I think it was a year) to either change over or change brands.

Panthers52
Aspirant
Aspirant
The iPhone XS. Tried it with a iPhone 8. Both running iOS 12. The iPhone 8 works so it appears to be an issue with the app and the IPhone XS.. Have other users had issue with the IPhone XS?
Roger_T
Aspirant
Aspirant

I having the same issue as Dwang. Video can't playback and became still pic. Currently using Iphone Xs with IOS 12. Tried reinstalling many times but still the same.

Roger_T
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wifi or cellular data is the same. No video playback. Just still picture.

Brettlyray
Tutor
Tutor

As stated in an earlier post, I also signed up for the Apple Beta program and then updated my iPhone XS Max to the new beta 12.1 software. I am very happy to say that it worked and my Arlo videos now play on my iPhone again like they are supposed to. So, I guess after all, it was an Apple issue, NOT an Arlo issue. 

Tommm83
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I've been following this thread since I upgraded my phone (iPhone XS) on launch day and cannot believe this is still dragging on!

I have upgraded to the IOS 12.1 beta already but it's still not working. I can't get hold of Arlo support, and have been given no information at all! Also, Netgear blaming Apple is absurd - surely if Apple is missing a codec to play these video files either Netgear can change the codec they are using, or embed the one they need into the app moving forwards. It would be a bit of work, but certainly wouldn't take this long!!

I've now been stuck for a month with a camera system that doesn't work, no way of getting support, and no real idea where to go with this moving forward. The only saving grace is that I was about to add a few more PRO camera to my setup so at least I can now shop around a bit before making any decisions!

Sort it out, Netgear.

Flumpy999
Aspirant
Aspirant
Wish I had purchased the RING camera now! And it works on XS 😞
offpoff
Aspirant
Aspirant
Playing the video with iOS 12.1 beta 4 is Working!
So if Arlo can‘t fix it, you have the chance to use the Public beta for 12.1!!!!
MikeCloudsdale
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same here, playback doesn't work on my new iPhone XS Max! It is fine on my iPad, and via the web on my PC, and it was OK on my iPhone 7 Plus, but on my XS Max I just get a still image and not a moving video.

CVC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the original Arlo cams and iphone XS max, like others, no video playback through the iphone was possible and so after reading this thread I tried this.

XS Max on iOS 12 - no video playback

Updated to 12.0.1 - no video playback

Enrolled in beta program and updated to 12.1 Beta - Boom! - Video playback.

It does work people 🙂

Tommm83
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not for me! Smiley Sad

@CVC wrote:

I have the original Arlo cams and iphone XS max, like others, no video playback through the iphone was possible and so after reading this thread I tried this.

XS Max on iOS 12 - no video playback

Updated to 12.0.1 - no video playback

Enrolled in beta program and updated to 12.1 Beta - Boom! - Video playback.

It does work people 🙂

wysiwygshelby
Guide
Guide

I have an iPhone XS Max running IOS 12.  All of my first version Arlo wireless outdoor cameras would not play video.  I decided to try IOS 12.1 Beta 4.  So I signed up to be a public beta tester. It took a few minutes but I thought it was worth a try since others had success with the cameras with it.  It absolutely works 🙂  Thank to the others for finding this out.  I really appreciate you early adopters.  So, if you want your cameras to work now backup your phone and do it.  Be sure you install Beta 4 of IOS 12.1!

Happy viewing again!!

Magickits
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the exact same phone and the exact same problem.  Is Arlo going to do anything about this?

pyharume
Aspirant
Aspirant

well, I am aware of this now.

Is this a usual thing that happens when new phones are released and will they update their firmware to fix this?

Swedfinans
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please
mrhaynes01
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ive been on live chat waiting for an agent for over 2 hours now.
The iPhone XS max has been out for about a month now and there still seems to be no fix for the still video playback issue.
I’m trying to figure out what’s going on there?
I can’t get my issue fixed, or even speak to anyone to find out any information about it. Would you be frustrated as well or is it just me and all your customers?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @LVGully,

What iPhone do you have where your videos won't play recorded videos?

CaliGirl04
Guide
Guide
Update iphoneXs Max to public beta 12.1. Got new emojis and playback video does work. I googled public beta 12.1. And Apple gives you instructions.
LVGully
Aspirant
Aspirant

Both on iPhone X and iPhone XS Max.