Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
cjohan
Guide
Guide

I posted on thier facebook page and this is their response to me on Saturday. 

Hi Todd - Thank you for reaching out. Our Engineering team is working on a fix to the backend to be released as quickly as possible. We can update you soon on an ETA. If you would like to speak with Support, please see for contacting Support: http://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx Thank you for your patience.

LVGully
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi...after the big app update, videos recorded by my camera will not play in the mobile app on iOS12. It works on the web, but not via the app. Anyone have a solution? I uninstalled, reinstalled, cycled phone, etc.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dwang,

Do you happen to be using the iphone xs/xs max?

dwang
Tutor
Tutor

both iPhone 8 and iPhone xs have the same issue

thanks

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

dwang,

Sorry to ask, but have you tried to reboot the base station by chance?

dwang
Tutor
Tutor

yes, I have tried to reboot the base station, tried to reboot the network, reinstall the app, and turn off then turn on my cell phone

thanks

mbphx
Guide
Guide
With iOS 12.1 beta 4 the videos now play from original Arlo. On XS Max.
gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

@mbphx wrote:

With iOS 12.1 beta 4 the videos now play from original Arlo. On XS Max.

So its an Apple issue ofter all this?!

makeupcat
Guide
Guide
Just updated my phone to 12.1 and I still have the same problem playing the videos
shawv
Guide
Guide
I also have the same issues and have IOS 12.1 installed on my iPhone X s Max
shawv
Guide
Guide

mbphx
Guide
Guide
For me there are too many cooks in the kitchen to place blame. Not sure who to blame.

Just saying it is work under beta 4 of 12.1 on XS Max. So there’s hope.
wysiwygshelby
Guide
Guide

mbphx:

I sure hope you are right!  I looked to see if I could download it but I am not a tester 😞  I read that IOS 12.1 beta 4 will most likely be available to the masses on the release date of the next phone...October 26th.  Thank you for some bright news in a thread that has been varying degrees of depressing.  I can't wait for October 26th!!

Thanks!

mbphx
Guide
Guide
You can get on the public beta if you want. Public beta 4 will likely be out tomorrow. So far it’s pretty stable.

However if you have a lot of HomeKit stuff with a Apple TV as the Hub- steer clear of the beta for TvOS.
wysiwygshelby
Guide
Guide

Thanks!  I might just give that a try.  I don't have HomeKit with Apple TV so that can't complicate things.

Thanks for the head-up and the how to.  Tomorrow can't get here soon enough.  Meanwhile, enjoy the video on you cameras.

urzaseye
Guide
Guide

Just updated my iPhone Xs Max to iOS 12.1 beta 4 and am happy to say that even previoiusly recorded movies from my original series cameras are working now! Thankfully turning off my email notifications to this thread and getting on with my life. 🙂

Clohman0409
Initiate
Initiate

Going to 12.1 did not fix this issue for my on my iPhone xs

MartiJe12375
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also get an alert when motion happens but I can't play the video on Arlo Pro.  Any suggestions on how to fix? 

Dengar1
Guide
Guide

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Stubb0402,

What iPhone do you have where you are not able to playback your videos on the Arlo app?

Stubb0402
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can’t play videos on iPhone sx max or iPhone X. I have latest iPhone firmware.
Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
For those saying they’ve upgraded to 12.1 with no success I have a sneaking suspicion you are actually at 12.0.1. May want to check it again.

For those who have upgraded to the 12.1 beta I hope your success ends up being the solution to this problem. I really didn’t want to be told to replace my Arlo’s. That would have been an expensive and extremely aggravating solution. Already had to go through that once when the old Vue cameras upgraded to Arlo. Not happy at that time, but they did offer a pretty good discount on new ones. I doubt something like that would be offered again...

Z
cjbeck
Aspirant
Aspirant

The beta software worked for me!

Mackie99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, you have to get Beta 4 of 12.1 for it to work.

I also went through the hastle of upgrading from Vue to Arlo.  I too received a good discount to do so.  But, I will NOT upgrade again.  I will be moving to Blink in the very near future.

JBrianMacD
Initiate
Initiate

Jessica

Thank you for your post today regarding the ongoing problems with the Arlo app and IPhone XS. 

Unfortunately, the information you shared is diametrically opposed to the information I just received from not one but two different tech support individuals.

They informed me this is an Apple issue and that Netgear is completely at a loss for a fix. As I understand it, all Arlo users with new XS models are out of luck unless Apple deems the fix worthy of an upgrade. Hardly seems likely.

It would be consistent with transparent marketing for Arlo to send a broad message to all users relative to the issue and to warn prospective buyers to NOT purchase Arlo products if they own an XS.

Doesn't make sense?