Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
Fmello
Star
Star

I ordered a eufyCam setup from kickstarter for the apartment I manage. If it works out as well as advertised, I'll recommend to my brother to replace the Arlo's at my mom's house. 

bobesq
Initiate
Initiate
Videos still not playing here on Apple iPhone XS Max!
Fmello
Star
Star

It's kinda weird that the app still worked after I upgraded to the iPhone XS Max. Something happened (I assume a firmware update) and afterwards my app was borked with the "Getting status..." message on all the camera views.

ctrack
Luminary
Luminary
Yeah, the cameras have been giving me problems lately. The problem with the Xs video and recently motion detection has been failing.
Jaxnative
Initiate
Initiate
I have the original Arlo cameras (5 cameras).. Running IOS 12. Videos show playing bit video does not move. I get notifications of activity. Downloaded videos play but are blank. My husband has a iphone 7 and it works fine. He is running IOS 12 too.
Stefan24
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue with the smaller iPhone XS - appears to play video from library, but seeing only a camera stillshot.  Video playback works from all other devices - laptops, earlier iPhone models, etc.  Is there an update coming for the new XS OS?

ArmyJon
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any luck on making Arlo work with IOs12? I have a new iPhone X’s and now the system is not recording nor do the videos play (only still image)
Daskarzine
Guide
Guide

Netgear/ARLO:

I have and pay for an ARLO subscription. I hope I will get a credit for the time I have not been able to use the service, as promised, on my iPhone?

Also, if I can make a suggestion - the amount of people for whom this isn't also working who haven't been able to find this thread may appreciate some sort of information in the support section that explains the issue? Basic customer service?

Also I'm sure you would be aware just what device your customers are using - send them a message or highlight in the app!! You're a tech company.

You're starting to lose me as a paying customer - I have 10 cameras and a subscription and am thinking of going.

sportsfan75
Aspirant
Aspirant

so a question to Netgear. Should i return my £1,000 phone, or my £600 cameras... not such a tough choice. 

Hawiaiianeye196
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue. 

Hawiaiianeye196
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please update your APP asap, we all rely on this to protect our families and homes. 

Hawiaiianeye196
Aspirant
Aspirant

Original wire free

iPhone XS Max

IOS 12.0

Downloading doesn't play either

mdonia52790
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Iphone X, all my motion that is recorded is just frozen and will not play in the video? Worked before just stopped working all of a sudden and also desktop version works fine

mdonia52790
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the Iphone X, all my motion that is recorded is just frozen and will not play in the video? Worked before just stopped working all of a sudden and also desktop version works fine

mdonia52790
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another iPhone XS Max user here not being able to playback video.

I can live stream -but if I try to playback a saved video all I get is a frozen first frame.

When I download/ save the video to my iPhone XS Max all I get is a blank white screen video-

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app- tried to troubleshoot both over WiFi and on LTE with no positive outcome!

Please address this ASAP- I love my Arlo and rely on it to keep me and my family safe! 

Fmello
Star
Star

Does anyone from Arlo monitor these threads at all?

cjbeck
Aspirant
Aspirant

Add me to the list of those who's vidoes will not play on their iPhone.

joshwg78
Tutor
Tutor

I hope Netgear fixes this issue soon or this will be the last product I will own of thiers. We were considering multiple of these cameras for our business and at this point there is absolultely no way we can even consdier them any longer.

With how quickly other companies are rolling out updates and fixes for thier apps, Netgear should have had this done already. Their response or lack thereof is also troubling. Especially for a product some people pay each month for and use for "security". Get with it Netgear.

gilbo2
Luminary
Luminary

For the record I have the same issues with iOS12 / XS, Arlo wirefree recordings will not play but Arlo Q's are fine.

cjohan
Guide
Guide

I have an iphone Xs and the videos won't play. I get the alerts, the video is showing in the library and when I select the video it starts and shows the progress bar but there is no movement. The video isn't actually playing. I can see the image of a person mid walk but the whole time the video "plays" there is no movement. 

The videos do work when checking from a desktop computer, just not on my phone. 

I have closed and re-opened the app, restarted the phone and deleted the app and reinstalled with no results. 

Phone is a brand new iphone Xs with OS version 12.0. 

MasterT88
Guide
Guide
My wife and I have the same Issue with our iPhone XS Max and iOS 12. It worked perfectly fine on the iPhone X. Thanks for opening this thread.
cjohan
Guide
Guide

Sorry, just now saw the other thread about this. I did search, I swear but nothing came up. Probably me. 

cjohan
Guide
Guide

Wow, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. Between the app crashing, cameras going offline and not being able to watch the video, I've just about had enough. I need a video system that I can count on. 

Wfems05
Guide
Guide
Ok since I am the original poster I have been able to see all of the comments. At one point a “Community Manager” replies that the engineers are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. The same response was posted by some who had been able to reach tech support.

I agree that Netgear really needs to up their game, especially customer service.

I agree that this has been horrible for those of us who rely on these cameras. I found the problem while halfway across the country and got a notification of activity at my Front Door.

Prior to this I had actually been evaluating to go to 10 cameras from 5 to cover a blind spot outside and to have some inside in key locations. Maybe I should rethink that plan.
Fmello
Star
Star

Amazon has some 4k systems but they are wired and attach to a DVR-like box. The benefits besides the 4k is that you wouldn't need to recharge camera batteries and need wifi for the system to work. The downside would be the hassle of wiring up your business or home to take advantage of that kind of system.