Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
CRArlo
Initiate
Initiate

I have the exact same problem.  My XS has been rebooting so I was going to return it  until  I  made the connection that it is only happening when trying to play video from the Arlo app.

pbirrell
Guide
Guide
I am also having issues viewing videos on IPhone XS Max. Arlo pro cameras show recordings but Arlo cameras only show still images. All cameras work fine when viewing on computer.
Bridyvig
Initiate
Initiate
I’ve never had issues but recently switched phones and reinstalled the Arlo app...now my video freezes once the motion video mode starts.
Rlbeetle
Guide
Guide

Same issue as everyone else.  I tried the support email link and could not get it to work.  Does Arlo monitor this forum?  I may have to check into the Blink cameras.

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
At this point I would recommend just waiting for the update. It’s a known issue and they are working on a fix.

Z
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is it a new iPhone?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

No way....... Arlo have done all so far. The very least they could have done is put out an announcement to reassure people. I am taking this back to the shop for a refund tomorrow. There is zero outlook on any kind of fix if any at all, which leaves my house unprotected.... yeah right 😡

ozmale1
Star
Star

I don't expect there will be an update for this problem. If you look at Netgears history they only update the app when a new product is released that needs support.

I may be wrong bit the problem does not seem to exist if you system uses the new cameras. Not sure of the model types.

So here is Arlos thinking.  We have the money from customers using the old cameras, if the app doesn't work for them anymore then too bad. some customers will buy the new ones.

This business model is not uncommon, Apple uses it. There have been multipal examples where apple is fully aware of a problem and deliberatly ignored it. That is until government orthorities got involved. With some software issues that became a big deal apple fixed within 24 hours, Netgear could do the same but have obviously (fix it instantly) decided not to.

People need to make it known on as many social media points as possible the product is deliberatly not supported. 

Bridyvig
Initiate
Initiate
Yes, new iPhone...it sends the notification with motion and appears to record for 15 seconds but freezes right at the beginning.
marrac41
Initiate
Initiate

My wife and I just upgraded to iPhone Xs Max and iPhone Xs models, respectively, and we are having the same problems.  My iPhone Xs just plays a frozen video image of the thumbnail image for the video recording while my wife's iPhone Xs Max crashes the app.  On my work desktop I am able to log in and see the videos, so the issue is clearly with the iOS app for the new iPhones, not my unit/cameras/firmware/etc.  I am hoping they resolve this issue soon as this is our only means of accessing the videos when we are away from home.... you know..... the reason I got the cameras in the first place.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

seems like a lot of IOS 12 issues....

Put in a trouble report at Arlo, the more info they get the faster it will be fixed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Kaij
Star
Star
Hello again. Sorry for the multiple responses but nothing has worked. I tried all the steps you said to try snd still just a stilled image. I thought it was a defect in the camera but I exchanged the cameras for new ones & still the same thing. Do you have any suggestions? I’m just just not sure why the cameras don’t record video
KTF1989
Initiate
Initiate

IS Anyone else having issues with playback on the new Iphone XSMax?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It may be that your account somehow has an issue. You can open a case with support here to see if they can help or remove all devices from Settings, My Devices and then create a brand new account using a second email address and start fresh.

Zandian
Apprentice
Apprentice
I respectfully disagree. I’ve had the Arlo cameras since before they were owned by Netgear and called the Vue cameras. Sure there are issues from time to time, but they get addressed. Netgear has done so more quickly than Vue did.

As to this issue, I’m sure the Netgear engineers has the IOS beta, but I will bet they were not provided with the new hardware before release. They likely got the new IPhone along with everyone else. There are all kinds of new hardware components to deal with and it appears there is something with this new model that is causing an issue with Netgear’s software. I doubt it is an Arlo hardware issue. So Netgear is aware of it (I’ve seen them post in this thread), and they are collecting information for a fix. I’m not a software developer, but I imagine it takes a bit of time to do this. First you have to figure out as many of the conditions as possible that cause the problem, repeat the the problem, then isolate and fix the problem. Then you need to do internal tests to assure the fix works before you push it out to hundreds of thousands or millions of people to be sure you don’t break something else.

These things take a bit of time and I’m just as frustrated as everyone else. I have 15 cameras in three different locations, and I’m three hours away from all of them. I’m not happy that I can’t view my cameras.

But I also know I’ve purchased hardware and software from multiple manufacturers and sometimes their hardware or software conflict with one another—or even themselve (eg xs max charging issues).. and I know it takes a bit of time to figure it out.

Respectfully again, and take it for what it’s worth (which is just my opinion) to say Netgear is just going to tell it’s customers who buy the new iPhone to go pound sand is a bit short-sighted and maybe a response based more on emotion than fact.

Z
Kaij
Star
Star
The new cameras I used a different account with so that wouldn’t be an issue.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Then you're left with opening a case or using an existing one.

Kaij
Star
Star
Ok so I figured it out. The app is not compatible with ios 12. It worked fine on the pc but not for my phone. Do you know when there will be an update? I have the new iPhone xs max
Rsorani
Guide
Guide
I have the same problem. XS MAX not playing back my videos. Please fix quickly
Rsorani
Guide
Guide
It is not working correctly. Video playback not working
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community. Our engineering team is aware about Arlo videos not playing on the iPhone XS Max and is investigating the problem. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

Ray8R5S
Initiate
Initiate
I’ am also experiencing the same issue with my iPhone XS. The video however plays on my Mac. Could this be the OS 12 in question?
JC910
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo videos won't play on new iPhone XS MAX 

any solution??

wildfir67
Initiate
Initiate
I have the same issues just got the new iPhone XS and it will not play back my videos from arlo but also for my other security camera that is not an arlo... do not believe this is an arlo issue I believe it is an phone issue
Dozdog
Initiate
Initiate
Arlo recorded Videos not playing back on iphone x ios 12.
Everything works ok on iphone 8 ios 12 however. Apparently there is a model-specific promlem. We bought phones last week and both running 2.5.5. Hopefully Netgear will pull their heads out and get some better technical help. FIX IT!!!!!