Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you looking in the library for recorded videos or just looking at the still image on the Devices tab?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

What phone and OS? Have you rebooted the phone? 

Kaij
Star
Star

When I click on libary it is still showing stilled images as a video (10 seconds long) Not an actual video of movement.

Kaij
Star
Star

To my knowledge I thought it was suppose to notify me with a video when there is movement. For example if someone enters I will be notified and able to see what they were doing. Not just stilled images.

Kaij
Star
Star

& I set it up in the settings that when it detects motion to record video. But it doesn’t record. It just shows me stilled images in the libary tab.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you sure it's a still image and not just a video where nothing actully moved? Have you tested it by walking in front of te camera to force a recording? Due to the cloud nature of the system a fast-moving object can trigger the camera but the 2-3 second lag means the object could have moved out of view. 

Also, notifications are set in your modes and rules. Have you checked to make sure that those notifictions are enabled? Try both email and push notifications for testing and then set them as you really want.

Kaij
Star
Star

Thank you for your prompt response. I was in the camera for about 5 minutes. I got multiple notifications that motion was detected. When I went to the library it only shows multiple stilled images. I did not move out the camera view so it should have recorded it up to that point right? I have enabled notifications. I do receive them but again it shows nothing but an image. One of the cameras is set up to where it shows the view of the front door. I stood right in its view for over a minute. But it didn’t show me a video. Just a stilled image

Kaij
Star
Star

I also set it up to record for 20 seconds so in the 20 seconds some movement should have been shown but again just a stilled image.

A_Rod_TX
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here with iPhone XS.  I've been following this support feed for a few weeks now and it appears Arlo Dev is looking into the issue.  I actually called Arlo support the day I received my iphone XS on 9/21 with the issue. I guess I was one of the first to call because they told me it was probably an Apple issue with the new phone and that I should contact Apple! I just laughed and had a feeling the issue is an incompatibility issue for video playback that Arlo should look into.  Hopefully in the future, Arlo will be more attentive to new iPhone variant compatability...but only hoping!  I'm a very unhappy Arlo customer right now!

Joxer
Initiate
Initiate
Yes the same issue is occurring on the ”little” XS. Have you thought about a career in comedy?
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Got an iPhone XS MAX, and having the same issue. Help !!!
Sal609
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here. I think going forward I’m trying out a different wireless system. Between the batteries being so expensive and the arlo not working most of time I’m getting fed up maybe I’ll try blink from amazon

smr891
Initiate
Initiate
Been waiting for a year for HomeKit support via a software update now been waiting for this for over a week since getting the new phone. It’s never ending problems with Arlo. I’m selling all mine and switching to something different. So over Arlo 🤮
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
🤮
A-Rob
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same issue with my Iphone XS Max. I called on 09/21/18, after discovering the phone was not playing the videos. They said it was an apple issue, which means they have no idea what they were talking about. I contacted them a week after that and they inform me, there team is working on a solution. Apparently they haven't resolved the issue, since another week has past by, and the issue still ongoing.  Blink cameras are looking more appealing at this moment.  

Meriddian69
Guide
Guide
I have both Arlo and blink.

Mainly have blink indoors but I am impressed with them and using AA batteries makes changing them cheap.

Also the videos play just fine on my iPhone XS!!!! Can't believe Netgear have still not sorted this out
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
What camera you got?
Meriddian69
Guide
Guide
If that's at me...

I have 5 arlo wire free and then i have 2 blink xt outside and 5 blink internal cameras.
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
And the Arlo wire free work with the Iphone Xs?
Meriddian69
Guide
Guide
Nope as stated the arlo videos are dead and the same as for everyone else who has an iphone xs.

My comment about the videos working was referring to the fact i have no issues with the new phone and my blink cameras!
Luki9990
Apprentice
Apprentice
Okay, thank you and have a nice day
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And to be clear, you're actually clicking on a video to watch it, right? Not trying to be insulting here.

A few things to try that are easy - do them in this order, testing after each one:

1) Restart your base with the power switch.

2) Open and close the camera battery door.

3) Remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

4 Create a new custom mode and use that for testing.

Kaij
Star
Star

Yes I click the play button & it just shows a stilled image. I will try that now & see if it resolves the issue. Thanks.

Kaij
Star
Star

Question because it wasn’t set up. When you go to the settings of the camera was the zone supposed to be set up? Or is that just if you want it to detect a specific area and not the entire area?

Kaij
Star
Star

Never mind the zone didn’t make a difference. It’s still not recording video. I will try resetting.