Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

602 REPLIES 602
louisaangell
Initiate
Initiate
I have an iPhone XS too and I can’t watch the videos through the app or the videos which I have downloaded previously into photos, everything was working fine on my iPhone 8, how much longer do we have to wait for a solution ?
StephenPAdams
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m having similar issue on an iPhone XS Max. Videos aren’t playing back. They’re just the first frame showing for entire length of video.
Wfems05
Guide
Guide

So I didn’t really notice this before the iOS update, but not to say it wasn’t happening. I changed out the batteries in all my cameras, made sure they were still lined up, etc. my normal maintenance routine. Today I got an alert of motion at my front door. When I went to review the videos all I got was a still image of a car pulling in. The slider shows it is playing the 10 second clip but the image does not change. Got home and tested it, and same thing it shows the initial image of me walking into view then it keeps playing but the image doesn’t change.

Clohman0409
Initiate
Initiate

I’m having the exact same issue with my new iPhone that has iOS 12

Fio
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the exact same problem. I had a suspicion that it was the result of using the new iPhone XS max. 

I have reset, rebooted, unplugged, etc. ad nauseum. 

Arlo needs to address a firmware update to correct this issue. I am left with a bunch of stills when instead I should have motion videos. 

The worst of all, my property is no longer protected as it was before this snafu.

Please help Arlo engineers.

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hello Team Arlo, anyone @work?
Fio
Initiate
Initiate

I could have written this paragraph myself. I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

kwicktech
Initiate
Initiate

I have IOS 12, and a new Iphone Xs Max. Not sure if either is the issue, but my library of videos don't play properly. The progress bar will move, but the video is a static image of the first frame and never moves. I can view on the web fine, so must be the app.

cellis4498
Initiate
Initiate
I just upgraded to the new iPhone XS and I can no longer play the Arlo videos through the app. Any suggestions to make this work? It is not the camera or base station, I can view the videos fine on my laptop or an older apple device.
Dryder729
Initiate
Initiate
This is happening to me too. Is Arlo responding to any of these posts? It looks like the same problem for everyone.
Daskarzine
Guide
Guide

This is the reply I received from Arlo support: This has been reported to the Engineers and they are working on a fix for it. Please see this link for updates : This thread in communities quoted......

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok tons of Arlo owners have stated there is an issue with video play-back on the new iPhone Xs and Xs max. You end up with still videos and any attempt to download and play in another app gives you a white screen. What we want to see is a commitment from Arlo to say they are working on a fix, if not then my cameras are going back to the shop..... so Arlo let us know soon or fix it!

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice

They work hard since 8!!! days 🧐 

Jessica76
Initiate
Initiate
I don't believe it's ios 12 because I updated to 12 before I got the phone and I could watch the play back.
Dlmartin32217
Initiate
Initiate
Video images appear to be recording, but are only still images during playback on iPhone. This has been occurring g since purchasing my new iPhone XS which is running the new iOS. Any suggestions?
Bloomer8523
Tutor
Tutor
1.) running ios12
With arlo pro 2 cameras and the issue is the same on all the cameras. When playing a video back the screen is frozen for a few seconds then the video picks up.
The downloaded video shows a blank screen for a few seconds then will play. Also can’t send in a text the videos.
wysiwygshelby
Guide
Guide
I am having the same issues with both the iPhone X I had and now the iPhone XS Max I currently have. Also, my iPhone X worked fine until recently. Please figure out what was done in a recent app update and fix it!! I hope this issue is resolved by Netgear/Arlo soon. It is a known issue that has been reported over and over in this forum. I want my cameras to work as they are supposed to work! The sooner the better!!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The engineering team is aware and is currently investigating and working toward a resolution for this issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused, while we work toward a resolution, we recommend using a browser to view videos.

I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC

Trcolema
Aspirant
Aspirant
-What iOS version are you running on your device (iOS 12 or 12.1 BETA).
iOS 12.0 iPhone XS Max
-What cameras are experiencing the issue (do you own a mix of pro and pro 2 cameras, original wire free, Arlo Q, etc.) Do they all behave the same or is it specific cameras that have the issue?
Arlo wire free. Same behavior on all cameras.
-If you download the recording, does it behave the same way or does the issue only occur in the library? Does the recording playback successfully on a different device or client?
Videos work perfectly on my iPhone 7 Plus and MacBook from a browser. Don’t know how to download on my phone. Download button seems to do nothing. I shared it with myself via iMessage and when I try to play the link it still does not work on my iPhone XS Max from a browser.
john536669
Initiate
Initiate
All my cameras are working but not recording video is this about my new iPhone x
Radan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi I have just swapped from a Samsung s7 to an iPhone X’s. The app on the android phone works quite well. Never had any real issues. The app on the iPhone is not as good. Been using it for three days now. Major delays in live feed but get sound. Also when the app is closed the sound continues and you need to completely shut down the app. Anyone else have the same issues?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Your not alone.. as new OS comes out there usu are some bugs with the older apps.

You should contact Arlo support and send them a html email and let them know, the more that contact them, the quicker it will be fixed

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Fiffo
Guide
Guide
Confirmed, the new iPhone XS updated GPU and Arlo’s FFmpeg are not compatible.