Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Kevinleese49
Follower
Follower

Hi I have just got the new iPhone XS max and it is synchronised to my cameras but it will not play my library videos but will play live events can you help please

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with the latest version of iOS. Please download and install iOS 12.1.

JamesC

View solution in original post

602 REPLIES 602
jackman165
Initiate
Initiate

why wont the videos play back?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Is your internet connection too slow?

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

We need a lot more info to try and help you.

How are you viewing videos? App or browser?

What browser?

Error messages? What happens when you try to view a video?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Do the videos play IF you D/L and then try to play locally ??

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
arpr1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is anyone using an Arlo Pro system and the iPhone-iPad app running the beta of iOS 12 on them? If yes, do most functions (live viewing videos, push notifications, arming/disarming the system, etc)  seem to be working properly? Any issues or changes to be aware of with iOS 12?

The Arlo iOS app and Arlo Pro firmware haven't been updated in months so I'm a bit nervous about iOS 12 compatibility (since iOS 12 is most likely releasing next week).

zenith21
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem with Iphone XS. Its not IOS 12 as this works on other phones & IPADS

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

New devices/OSes will likely always have issues initially. Open a case with support here to raise awareness so the team can work on it.

Tlogue
Tutor
Tutor

After switching to a new iPhone XS Max yesterday,  My video library wont work on the phone app. When I try to play a video, it acts like it’s playing, but the video is just a still.  The same videos still work on my iPad.  Also, it has even caused my phone to reboot a few times when I try to play the video.  I have took the app off and reinstalled it but that didn’t help. Any ideas?

peterlhansen
Tutor
Tutor

I have exactly the same problem with my iPhone XS Max. Everything was fine until I upgraded from iPhone X (with iOS 12) yesterday. Arlo if fine on my iPad Pro with iOS 12. This appears to be peculiar to XS Max. I wonder if it is ok on the little XS.  I’ll bet it is a problem with the video driver for the Max. 

Tlogue
Tutor
Tutor
My wife got the smaller iPhone XS. It isn’t working on it either
Tlogue
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problems with my iPhone XS max and my wife’s iPhone XS. 

sjh772
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here, library videos show static image and won’t play. iPhone XS max iOS 12

bscnetzwerk
Apprentice
Apprentice
I have the same Problem with my xls Max !!!???
peterlhansen
Tutor
Tutor
I wonder if anyone has contacted Arlo Support. I’m not sure how to do that.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use the Contact Support link at the bottom here and again on the new page.

bscnetzwerk
Apprentice
Apprentice
Videos wont Run in my iPhone xs max!?
Erika_K
Initiate
Initiate

Another iPhone XS Max user here not being able to playback video.

I can live stream -but if I try to playback a saved video all I get is a frozen first frame.

When I download/ save the video to my iPhone XS Max all I get is a blank white screen video-

I even tried to download on my iphone7 plus (plays back fine) and airdropped to my Max with the same white screen issue.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app- tried to troubleshoot both over WiFi and on LTE with no positive outcome!

Please address this ASAP- I love my Arlo and rely on it to keep me and my family safe! 

Showguy
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Same here. Let’s keeo up with times Arlo.

ChrisKz
Guide
Guide

Hello!

I have a new (in the last couple days) iPhone XS Max running iOS 12 and videos in the application on the phone aren't playing. I can see the still image and it looks like they play but the image never changes. They play when I log into the website from my laptop. 

I've tried restarting the app. Turnning the phone off, then on. Deleting the app and reinstalling it. Nothing seems to work. Guessing that it might be the new phone / OS isn't supported by Netgear yet but I wasn't sure. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks!

Chris

NiPaGe
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same here wirh iPhone XS !!! Fix it soon !!!
AshMoe
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here! Works fine on my work phone which is an iPhone 6s Plus.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You wanted to be on the bleeding edge. It will be fixed but it appears the OS is unsupported at this time. Download the videos to see them or use a computer browser.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You wanted to be on the bleeding edge. It will be fixed but it appears the OS is unsupported at this time. Download the videos to see them or use a computer browser.

ChrisKz
Guide
Guide
Bleeding edge? Wow. The beta versions of iOS 12 have been out for months. Millions of iPhone owners have installed it in the week it’s been out. It’s great that Netgear can’t stay on top of OS updates.