Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Mudit
Tutor
Tutor
I have an Arlo wifi camera in front of my home and is setup for triggering video from motion. But I noticed it also gets the recording from sound, e.g. A Car or truck driving by!!! True!! I watch my front home from a window inside home, and with no one insight for motion and a car driving by 30 feet away (Road & traffics is NOT in camera view), I get alerts just from the sound. I get 90+% fake alerts.

I am annoyed to death and can not find any setting to disable sound. I know Arlo (not Q or Pro) has one way sound detection but HOW do I disable it??

Have played with various setting including motion sensitivity and this audio is a mystery so far.

Any one else has this or do I have a defective unit?? I have tried a different Arlo with same results....

HELP!!!
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Mode tab, click on your base, edit your modes (probably the Armed mode) and turn off the re ord on sound. Be sure to save.

A little poking around in the app or web interface goes a long ways.

Overcomer
Initiate
Initiate

I'm not locating audio adjustment to turn off audio detector. I click on my base, go to armed edit, but i don't see the audio option to turn it off.

Also, can basic Arlo record sound?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, a regular ARLO camera can NOT do sound.

If the other person has an ARLO camera (not a Pro model ) the only other thing that may be happening is false triggering from IR reflections

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Mudit
Tutor
Tutor
>> turnoff the re rod on sound
No such option available for Arlo !! Ignorance is a bliss 😉

False trigger could be from IR reflections possibly. I see light flashes in fake alert videos. Could a vehicle cause false IR alert?

Thanks for those who provided insights into Arlo. I am annoyed by 90% false alerts and sure others are too.
Mudit
Tutor
Tutor
I am very curious IF "others" have similar issues or concerns. I have a basic Arlo. Is this issue not applicable for Q or Pro?

I have a VERY basic setup - nothing out of ordinary.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Mudit wrote:
I am very curious IF "others" have similar issues or concerns. I have a basic Arlo. Is this issue not applicable for Q or Pro?

I have a VERY basic setup - nothing out of ordinary.

Some have said that flashes of light can set off the Arlo.. I haven't seen it.

What I have seen is other Arlo cameras IR illuminators looking like someone turned on light in another area tho.

As to the Q, it uses pixel based motion detection and not PIRs like the Arlos. 

While the PRO uses PIRs to sense motion, it is a much improved dual sensor so reacts differently from reglar Arlo.

Morse is faster than texting!
Mikejr7
Initiate
Initiate
I just purchased an Arlo q with the EXACT problem !!
Any help would be appreciated
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Have you read through this thread and the FAQs? What have you already tried? Check out your modes and rules in the Mode tab. Click on your base or Q camera to see the modes.