Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

173 REPLIES 173
b1500
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. What if the cameras are more than 12 months old, will they just keep replacing them?

Shagrag
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well my 2nd camera has got the red tint now, this one was bought from Amazon so obvioulsy buying from an "approved" seller makes no difference!! 😕

Turning the camera upside down and tapping/banging it does help but is only a temporary fix, it's obvioulsy a manufacturing fault with the IR sensor or a bad batch, we've have these cameras at work for a year now and never had a problem with those. Netgear should issue a statment and offer new cameras to everyone who is having problems wherever they have been purchased from!

dollymc24
Tutor
Tutor

Replacement cameras that I got for the same thing do not work either,  They go frim black and white to color then go off line and you can not get them back on line even changing batteries that were new to begin with, bumping cameras etc, etc, etc.  They certainly know they have a problem or they are trying to avoid the problem.  For the price of each camera they should be top quality!!!

Graphixdw
Aspirant
Aspirant
One of my cameras has started to show pink what is the solution to this , cameras are only a month old....
dave8224
Initiate
Initiate

How didi you fix the red tint

Mccaddd
Initiate
Initiate
Red tint issue was sent to next level tech ome week waiting on reply.Arlo where are you??
kazanski173
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having the same red tint issue as well. Seems like this requires a software fix or something as it is becoming more prevalent. 

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
Had the Arlo system for 3 weeks and I'm seeing the red picture. This problem has been reported since January. Is there any recall?
Fozzyp1978
Initiate
Initiate
I am having an issue where some of my cameras are giving off a Red tint when being viewed, but looked this morning and it seems to be working ok now, but noticed that another camera is doing it and this one is inside of the house.
Does anyone know a fix for this or does netgear replace these camera that are intermittent with this problem?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reading the rest of this (and other) thread would provide the answer.  It's worthwhile reading a few pages of any thread to check it out before posting yet another "how do I fix this" when the answer is well-documented.

Open a case at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
Only stating the problems we are having. No need for the attitude sport!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Simply repeating the problem without acknowledging the answer does nothing.  Of all the posts I've written, easily 50% (75%?) are repeats of the same answers.  It gets tiresome, hence some attitude.

I'd much prefer it if you, and anyone else, would help out with solutions as they're discovered, whether new to the community or the person.

RunAndGunMonkey
Initiate
Initiate
My camera is doing the same thing
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice
You need to relax. You may be the self imposed administrator of the site, but I didn't direct my question to you!
TomGraves
Guide
Guide
I concur.
TUMOVIL
Initiate
Initiate
After owning and using for 6 weeks one of my cameras has now got a red tint even after resetting it is still the same. I have contacted arlo and left messages and still no response. It looks like I will have to return although I do like the system the customer service is one of the worst I have ever delt with. It seems that this is a very common problem.
TUMOVIL
Initiate
Initiate
Also I bought from Amazon twice I have tried to put a negative comments both times not published although it was only the truth. Nobody has got back to me they are leaving me no option but to return the whole system.
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

I made a comment on Arlo Smart Home's Facebook site about their red/pink pictures. Guess what....Arlo blocked me! 

Everyone needs to go to their Facebook page (Arlo Smart Home) and let them know that they need to be accountable for selling and continuing to sell defective cameras. 

This is has been going on for over a year! 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
For a new system, simply swap the system at the store. It's much faster and reduces stress.
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Business is wiping their hands of it. They referred me to the warranty. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
And that's what's needed to resolve the problem. You simply can't reliably fix the problem since it's a hardware issue. Replacing the camera is the ONLY solution. This has been stated over and over again. I don't understand what's so difficult to grasp about this resolution.
Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you stock in this company? Let me say this again slower for you. I refuse to pay $30.00 shipping to replace one of the many cameras that are defective! 

I can't believe Arlo has no issue continuing the sale of these defective cameras!!!

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you stock in this company? Let me say this again slower for you. I refuse to pay $30.00 shipping to replace one of the many cameras that are defective! 

I can't believe Arlo has no issue continuing the sale of these defective cameras!!!

paulmiller
Guide
Guide

I have the same issue with my outside camera. Since it's about 10 degrees F out there, I'm going to wait a few days until it warms. 

I reset my whole system and synced my indoor camera and that fixed that. When I get my outdoor camera in I'll sync it. If that doesn't work I guess the solution is to contact support. More than likely a return for another device solution and no other solution offered.

~Paul

Jmango167
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have tried all solutions offered and had no luck. I had a great picture for two days and then the infamous pink display. It's a defect that Netgear Arlo is refusing to acknowledge. When I brought it up on their Facebook page, they blocked me. What does that tell you....