Arlo HD Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
joyloden
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo HD camera in my garage picks up the motion of my family coming in and out.  However, it does not pick up the motion of delivery services (UPS, etc) coming in and out of garage.  I have the sensitivity set at 100. What is going on?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is the schedule in use?

joyloden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not sure what you mean.  We are wondering that since there is a delay in detecting movement, if the delivery persons are coming in and out so quickly that the camera does not have time to detect.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I was just wondering if you had scheduled the cameras to be off at certain times.

There's not a delay in detection but there is between detection and recording since this is cloud-based. The cameras detect and have to start communication with the servers, hence the delay. 2-3 seconds is normal but can be longer if there's not good communication between the base and camera. Read the FAQs here on best camera postioning as well as how to create custom modes so you can get better control over when the cameras detect and control. Lots of good information there to maximize the capture of what you need.