Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Red tint

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the ​​​​​​​Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

View solution in original post

173 REPLIES 173
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

nicholshornlake,

I will reach out to you in a private message to help resolve this issue.

JamesC

caiwts
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello. Can you reach out to me also. I have the same issue.
Debandtom
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also have a red tint that started yesterday
smasty
Tutor
Tutor

2 of my 5 cameras have now gone pink.  WTH!!!!!  I have a case open.  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

caiwts, Debandtom

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

BarryLee5210
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same pink tint on one of my cameras.  I have sat on hold with support for 40 minutes yesterday and have now been on hold for 45 minutes today, still haven't gotten a live body.

smasty
Tutor
Tutor

Don't waste your time on the phone, just do an online support ticket....they are GREAT at getting back to you.  They'll want your camera SN, plus a picture of the interior battery compartment confirming the same SN.  

PDX-Ryan
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having this same issue.  I too have three cameras and about two months old now and one has a pink/red tint to the image!!  What can I do??

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

It sounds like the IR cut filter is not deploying (this is the click that you hear the first time when a camera switched between night mode and day mode).  I wonder, considering the number of posts about this, whether the mechanism is reliable.  Does anyone know if there have been HW improvements to fix this issue?

Pete2s
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue with my camera.  It's about 4 weeks old.  I removed the batteries, I replaced the batteries, and I brought the camera indoors but nothing helped.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

contact netgear re the camera

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JosephL66
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have this red tint issue as well. How do I open a ticket? Everything I try brings me back to these posts.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JosephL66 wrote:
I have this red tint issue as well. How do I open a ticket? Everything I try brings me back to these posts.

top of page - SUPPORT

second page , right side middle - CONTACT SUPPORT

Morse is faster than texting!
Softailclassic5
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a red, pink or purple tint. This is really annoying. What is the solution?
purplegunk
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problem now too! Grrr.  Someone from Netgear please PM me!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Softailclassic5, purplegunk

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC
purplegunk
Guide
Guide

WOW, JUST WOW!Smiley Sad  After multiple calls and submitting a claim online and sending the receipt, screenshots and pictures of the inside of the battery compartment, Netgear has determined my camera needs to be replaced and they want ME to pay to ship it to them, even though the camera is a month old!  CANT BELIEVE THEY ADMIT DEFECTIVE PRODUCT YET WONT SEND AN RS LABEL!   FOR SHAME!Smiley Mad

hokeysmoke
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

If you bought it through Amazon it might be more effective to return it.  That would more directly affect their sales channel instead of isolating it to the customer service level.  Amazon has more power than a single user to correct product defects.

purplegunk
Guide
Guide

@honeysmoke: I can very much appreciate sticking it to them via their vendors but it was purchased from newegg which is difficult with returns...

Additionally, it was purchased as part of a bundle so I'd have to return the entire bundle and it took me a very long time to create the rules and modes for everything, so imo, returning is not an option for me.

off topic: Anyone know if I have to modify the entire schedule once i recieve the  replacement camera or is there an easy way to swap it into the schedule for the defective one?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's been a while but I think my schedule picked up where I left off when I replaced a bad camera. I used the same camera name, as I recall. Worst case, you'd just need to check your modes and maybe add the camera to them.

daynawide
Guide
Guide

Two of my cameras are red.tried new batterys and restarted base also removed camera and reinstalled it.This is not the first time it did it before but it went aeay so i never returned the cameras and you closed the case.How can i have the cameras replaced.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

daynawide,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

jesse03
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had 1 cam for about a week with no red tint issue and then just installed a new cam last night and the existing cam is now red. I have a case open with netgear and need to remove/replace the batteries on the cam to see if that fixes the issue, but I'm curious if that has solved the issue for most or will it most likely require a camera replacement?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jesse03,

Some users have had success when replacing the batteries. If you continue experiencing this behavior, please work with support to resolve the issue.

JamesC