Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

nicholshornlake
Luminary
Luminary

One of my 3 cameras has started showing a red tint. They are only 2 months old. I have installed 4 new batteries, that did not help. Rebooted the base station did not help. Resynced the camera did not help. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help.

173 REPLIES 173
hydrokool
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the magenta color issue as well.  My camera stopped after I resync'd it but then did it again.  I've had it for less than a month.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

hydrokool,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to resolve this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. If you have any additional questions/concerns feel free to private message me. I would be happy to help.

JamesC

purplegunk
Guide
Guide

James: More and more users are having this issue and Netgear ends up replaving the camera.  This is QUITE ALARMING as I imagine eventually we'll see this issue with all our camera's over enough time...and possibly by the time the do go bad, they may be out of warranty..

Does Arlo/Netgear have an explanation on why so many cameras are going bad???

LiamJ
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, my arlo camera now shows red tint. It has been this way for approximately a monh. I have since changed batteries  and rebooted the camera. Can you help meresolve this issue? Model: VMC3030-100NAS

LJ

dollymc24
Tutor
Tutor

My 7 cameras are less than a year old and I have 2 that the images are pink to red. what is the matter with them and can it be fixed .  I have clicked on the camera image may times but it makes it worse

dollymc24
Tutor
Tutor

I have the same issue with 2 of my 7 cameras and they are only 6-8 months old.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the ​​​​​​​Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

RadulfK
Initiate
Initiate

My camera is mounted in a birdhouse. I dropped the birdhouse from six feet up and then it gave me a pink picture. Since this forum showed no solutions, except to go through technical support, I decided a gentle wack in the opposite direction might re-align any mechanism that was stuck. I gently smacked the camera into my palm hitting a different side to my palm each time while the camera was live so I could see the result. When I hit the top against my palm the color returned to normal. Third time (smack) was the charm. Whew 🙂

daynawide
Guide
Guide

They have agreed to replace three cameras.Should have them tomorrow.But a fourth has turned red and they have agreed to replace it also.I have to pay shipping.Four out of five only one original left.You would think they would pay the shipping but i guess there to cheap.Good luck with yours.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

RadulfK wrote:

My camera is mounted in a birdhouse. I dropped the birdhouse from six feet up and then it gave me a pink picture. Since this forum showed no solutions, except to go through technical support, I decided a gentle wack in the opposite direction might re-align any mechanism that was stuck. I gently smacked the camera into my palm hitting a different side to my palm each time while the camera was live so I could see the result. When I hit the top against my palm the color returned to normal. Third time (smack) was the charm. Whew 🙂

Dunno if you had seen m suggestion to try this but I'm glad someone finally did.  Who knows if it's a real fix or just temporarily  moves the filter out of the way?  Thanks for posting this - maybe others can try this so we can see how well it works or doesn't.

daynawide
Guide
Guide

I don't think I want to climb a ladder to wack a camera every time it turns red.I want new cameras that work like I paid for!

purplegunk
Guide
Guide

Another one of mine turned red today!Smiley Sad

Arlo needs to own up to this problem and properly address it!

Hod913
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just installed mine today right out of the box 1 of my 4 cameras is red. Please help to fix
HyperPerform
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here.....2 weeks of operation and I have the red tint.   Now that I think about it, the same camera also seems to have an issue "seeing" in the dark (with the IR lights lit).  I think its the issue that was suggested with the filter mechanism.  From the looks of things, this has been happening for well over a year and hasn't really been resolved.

Support has been contacted, we'll see where it goes from here.

HyperPerform
Initiate
Initiate

After taking the camera down to get the serial number photo to continue with the support case, when re-installing I gave the top of the camera a couple of decent whacks with the palm of my hand to try to dislodge the stuck IR filter.   Everything is working - no red and the night vision actually works now.  Let see how long this lasts.

Still no response from support after all the material was uploaded.

LovelyNot
Apprentice
Apprentice

LOL, like replacing batteries will change a camera's hardware in any way. The Voltage getting lower will never result in a red/purple haze, this is just one more lie that netgear put out.

Looked good on paper, this arlo thing, but badly executed on hardware and software level.

RobinLM
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased my Arlo kit and 1 camera has red tint. Already have ticket open. I'm concerned as well on the longevity of these cameras. There should be extended warranty due to this quality issue.
thumpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am on my 3rd replacement for the same camera.  The other 2 cameras I have have been fine.

daynawide
Guide
Guide

They replaced four of my five cameras so far they are ok but time will tell.Not happy with there product I think you know what I mean?

thumpar wrote:

I am on my 3rd replacement for the same camera.  The other 2 cameras I have have been fine.

sillys0
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 3.5 months, I finally changed my first set of batteries. Having mounted the camera back, I noticed the red hue that people have reported. I restarted the system twice, with no positive results. I removed the batteries and the problem was resolved. If it hadn't, my next step would've been removing the camera & adding new device. 

thumpar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine would reset by removing the batteries at first but eventually would not work.  If it is under warranty get it replaced.  I am on replacement 3 for the same camera.

hauchinango
Star
Star

Not very confident in these cameras long term.  Seems like a pretty common hardware malfunction.  I have had to replace one camera already under warranty, but once warranty is up will be left holding the bag on these crappy cameras.

Gummybear73
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just purchased and installed the camera system last night and one of three new cameras has a pink tint to the picture.
Beach20
Tutor
Tutor

I just replaced the batteries in one of my two cameras and about a week later it had this very dark pink hue. This seems to be a known hardware problem, so why the dance with the battery and reboot from Arlo....just replace these cameras!!

Beach20
Tutor
Tutor

Not that I really think the requirement for the photos, battery swap and reboot is overly burdensome on its face value. It is just that I purchased these cameras to monitor a vacation home in Florida, so not so easy to jump thru those hoops from a 1000 miles away. I sent a link to my video feed, why do I need to Fly to Florida