Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
SPDIF
Star
Star

Still stuck in "Getting Status" on my surfpads. Restarting, reinstalling does not work! Only way to get the status indication is to use an Android phone with version 8.0 or higher (surfpads has Android 6).

And since the last firmware "update" the picture resolution has decreased and status changes over the phone when connected to a mobile network dose NOT function!

Any company selling "Security products" and that has an active customer forum and choose to NOT monitor or respond to their customers problems is grossly mismanaged an an example of utter corporate stupidity.

53 REPLIES 53
gyang
Star
Star

Same problem here!

on Android phone (app version 2.7.10_25620)

reboot phone works one time and does not work and get same message again after login 2nd time.

reboot base station works one time and does not work one hour later.

Can Arlo support fixes the problem and provide long term solution?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gyang

Does this occur on the web portal too? What firmware version is your base station running?

gyang
Star
Star
Thanks for the quick reply. There is no problem on Web portal firmware version: 1.12.2.1_2798
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@gyang

Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App?

gyang
Star
Star

I did follow all suggestions in this community.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app on the phone as well.

It works only for first time.

one hour later, it does not work anymore. Have to shutdown or restart the phone again to work one more time.

btw,

the camera firmware version: 1.092.0.23_32920

Yavuz999
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem. I tried everything suggested herein. No luck.

most frustrating... this is the security of my home...

we we need urgent solutions!

It was working satisfactorily before the recent update.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Yavuz999

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

gyang
Star
Star

Arlo support has openned a ticket.

Waiting the response...

papagonzo
Guide
Guide

Hello..., customer service, Bueller, ....hello???

Time to move on to another camera provider. Jumping on CNet to get some recommendations. Arlo/Netgear is apparently throwing in the towel on what was a great product with awesome potential...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Catfarts
Guide
Guide
Since last week geofencing wasn’t turning off on my VMB4000 without manually switching between modes. Today I decided to delete and re-download app on iOS... BIG mistake! Now stuck on “getting status” although at first one camera did show view from three hours ago until I reset the base station - now nothing works
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Catfarts What are the status LED lights displaying on your base station?

Glasto
Apprentice
Apprentice
Arlo app constantly displaying "getting status". Is Arlo having issues?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not here.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

I have the "getting status error" issue as well as many other random issues since the memorial weekend. Apparently there was a firmware upgrade that effected some base stations. I called and described all the various issues I have been  having randomly. After discussing it for about a half hour the agent started a support ticket. We had a mutual agreement to not troubleshoot as there was no point. That was May 31st 2019. Hoping to hear back from a support engineer soon as my camera system is no longer dependable. Everything was working fine till 2 weeks ago. VMB4000R3 5 arlo pro2 camera's as well as the doorbell. All purchased within the last 6 months.

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We also get the same message in the app. The cameras say getting status. The base station appears to be offline although the app doesn’t specifically say this. When I get the getting status message in the app I check the base station and the internet light is out. This happens many times a day. We have tried multiple base stations and different routers. This all started happening after the recent update that caused all kinds of crazy things to happen. We have tried all kinds of troubleshooting and arlo escalated our problem to t2 tech support. But we haven’t heard from them except the tech support said that they think it’s only our base not an issue effecting other people although I have seen several people report this in the community. We have tried replacing every cable we could and nothing is fixing this problem not even multiple different base stations. Our internet is working other devices work fine. The base station keeps disconnecting and will not reconnect on its own for over an hour. We can power cycle it and it will reconnect but it soon gets disconnected again hours later.
Jlew4
Star
Star

YES!  I'm having the same exact issue.  My system has been working flawlessly for over a year and now it's awful!!  ZERO reliabilty from the system for the last couple of weeks.  Randomly goes offline and randomly will get stucks on "getting status".                          ARLO????????????????

Kenri
Guide
Guide

Same issue for me as well. Getting status almost every time I go to check my cameras. Very aggravating.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

What device & OS are you experiencing this issue with?

Jlew4
Star
Star

For me, I use the app on an LG Harmony 2 which is running Android 8.1.0

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
Our arlo pro base station cameras also say getting status. The green internet light on the base is out. It doesn’t say offline just getting status and will be like this for about an hour. Then it sometimes reconnects but this happens about 5 times a day at least maybe more. We have tried several base stations they keep having this offline or getting status issue. We are using iOS iPhone 6 Plus and iPhone X. But it doesn’t matter what the app says because I can see the light is out on the base station for internet and there are no recordings for the last hour.
papagonzo
Guide
Guide

Perhaps the Arlo/Netgear moderators and higher ups could post something on the home page about what is causing these problems, apparently across all Arlo systems and connection platforms instead of randomly asking worthless questions on the community boards. Seriously, everyone on these threads seems to be having the same problems and all started about the same time so... something with a firmware update went sideways or something but you can rest assured, the longer it takes for someone to step up and share what the problem is with all of your customers, the more likely THIS customer will vote with their wallet and find another camera system.

For others wanting to know what else is out there, I've been researching through CNet and other sources and it sounds like the Amazon Cloud Cam is checking most (not all) of the boxes for reliability and value. I'm not wasting too much more time with Arlo if they are content to sit on their hands and not offer any real solution or explanations for the ongoing issues...

Kenri
Guide
Guide

Galaxy 8+ android 8.0.0

ChinJing
Luminary
Luminary
We have tried everything about the arlo pro base going offline including different routers base stations and usb flash drives, cables and modes. Even different subscriptions and different accounts/ email address. The base station still went offline again last night and then it later today had the getting status error. I called level 2 tech support and they said they are not aware of any offline issue. They asked me to take a picture of the app when it says getting status and send it to them via email. So we are waiting for it to happen again. Maybe they are really unaware that this is an issue. If you are having this issue it might be good to post or to report it to tech support.