Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
APGR
Tutor
Tutor

I have something really weird happening when I leave my camera on in my lounge at night. The room is totally dark and once set up I go to another room to take a look at the view I get. This obviously triggers the infrared. A number of times I have observed random white lights of different sizes moving around the room often in an erratic manner. It is really odd. Nothing in the community appears to have any topics in this so I'm puzzled. When I've tested the camera I have then recorded 20-30 sec clips and these lights are as clear as anything. Spooky! Someone please tell me these have a scientific reason and aren't something else. When I've showed the clips to friends they also think they're weird and can't think of anything that would cause they random lights whizzing around my room in total darkness which can't be seen with the naked eye. 

84 REPLIES 84
Susan1971
Initiate
Initiate
Spirit & ive caught really great orbs interacting with my pets.
Bill33523
Guide
Guide
I have been experiencing the very same thing—white “orbs” zooming in all directions in a room with no air flow whatsoever once I lock up. Some may not like my theory as to what they are, however, as a former “ghost hunter” I have experienced these before and was experiencing “paranormal activity” within my home. I have photos that do prove the existence of “ghosts” beyond a reasonable doubt. Our digital electronic imagery can now detect them far better than ever before. The way that these orbs move around and disappearing into thin air only proves that they are definitely not dust or bugs. You may need to cleanse your home by burning white ceremonial sage. No guarantees, but it doesnt hurt. Good luck!
Firemonster
Tutor
Tutor
It’s 100% not dust folks. Watch the video and you tell me if this isn’t an intelligent orb. I’m only going to paste the short ones.

https://youtu.be/ggSwxVLg9zE
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

100% IS dust. Just because a room is closed up doesn't mean there's no air movement, even with ventilation off.

Bill33523
Guide
Guide
I’ve seen your video and I personally agree that it is definitely not dust. While many would disagree with me, I do believe that this is, without a doubt, paranormal activity. As a former ghost hunter, I have witnessed orbs in the past, some with my naked eyes. Since we have installed the Arlo Pro 2 1080i cameras, I have been seeing the same type of activity during the dark hours. After realizing that we had “uninvited guests” in our home, I decided to try taking photos with my iPhone using the flash as I had in the past. I took about 4 flash photos and then suddenly, without warning, my iPhone went completely ‘dead’. No matter what buttons I pushed, I could not revive the phone. I then plugged the phone into the charging cable and it finally booted back up and it showed 68% battery life! This very issue happened once before during one of my paranormal investigations, so I immediately knew exactly what caused the problem. As I have mentioned before, I have some photos taken with my iPhone that shows spirits (faces) and it is definitely not what they classify as “pixelation”. However, you and others may form your own opinions on this subject.
Firemonster
Tutor
Tutor
There’s quite a few uploaded on YouTube from us. Here’s why it’s not dust or particulate. My son collects millitary surplus especially WW1 and 2. There’s zero activity in any other room in the house. Only orbs in one room which happens to have a lot of war relics. Coincidence? Trust me, I would love to think it’s dust. We even took dust from our air purifiers and filmed it. Dust just settles. It doesnt change it’s speed and grow larger.
RenoShane777
Initiate
Initiate
I had a similar thing happen to me except it was outside at my cabin. It only occurred one night and it lasted for 4 hours. Crazy dancing orb that then went off camera and came back as 2 orbs look like the top one was shooting down a beam of light. You could see rings in the beam and the bottom orb distorted as it went across the rocks and gravel like it was a light being shined down from the top one. Very strange and has never happened again.
Bill33523
Guide
Guide
I want to share this photo of an orb that one of our Arlo Pro 2 cameras just caught earlier. I had to go frame by frame in order to capture the orb as it was moving. I then zoomed in on the orb and I was shocked to see a head and face within the orb itself. This definitely proves that it is not a bug or dust. You may draw your own conclusion, however.
Firemonster
Tutor
Tutor
Awesome pic. Yeah that’s not dust or a bug. It’s a perfect outline of a head with the mouth open. Wow. One of the best ones I have seen.
JTEX17
Initiate
Initiate
JTEX17
Initiate
Initiate
This is on the Arlo baby camera the new one that came out 2018
https://youtu.be/NXMZuKIKr_M
Bill33523
Guide
Guide
I just saw your video on YouTube. WOW! That is absolutely amazing!!! We have been seeing orbs flying around the rooms on our Pro 2 cameras and I was blown away when I freeze-framed the footage and closed in on the image (the image I recently posted here), but what you posted was incredible to say the least. Thanks for sharing it. Best wishes.
Bill33523
Guide
Guide
Thanks. I was literally blown away when I closed in on the orb and saw the human like figure. I, personally, have never seen anything quite like it in all of my 68 years.
AKhattak
Initiate
Initiate

Hello All, I recently experienced white flying Orbs on my Yi Home2 Cam and came across this blog. These are definitely not insects, dust, or any other scientific phenomenon. The Orbs appeared in a couple of nights while We were away on vacation in our bedroom which was complete dark and had no aircon. I could not capture the video but the white orb appeard from behind the wall and floated around for a short while and disappeared. here are some screen grabs. we are absolutely terrified! WhatsApp Image 2018-07-30 at 13.21.02.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-07-30 at 13.37.43.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-07-30 at 13.20.46.jpeg

Stephsully
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just got online to see if anyone else has seen this. I don't believe in ghosts but I have to say I'm a little freaked out. These are def not dust particles and in one of my videos something on the floor blows up into the air for a second.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They definitely ARE dust particles. What you think is still air is not - there's all sorts of currents going that you can't feel.

Dan2nice
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see the specs.
It was 15 degrees out and no bugs.
To cold for dust. Depending who you ask you get an answer based on their beliefs. Some say dust, bugs ets. Others say angels, spirits, or something Devine.
I say I don’t know, but they are definetly interesting. Now I also “ first time” caught one with my Nest as well.
But this one was flying.
It wasn’t a moth, fly, or any bug that I know of. It was white but that doesn’t mean anything. But definetly not dust or moth. I can’t attach it here for some reason.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Sorry - too cold for dust? Since when? At absolute zero maybe since all atomic action stops...

Dan2nice
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yeah, but dust just circling around a light at such speed, doesn’t make sense to me. These specs aren’t floating, they are more like shooting through.
I got a video where it was like a rocket, but going from the floor in on room, two rooms a across going up.
I can’t see it being dust.
Km_9
Aspirant
Aspirant
So speaking of orbs, can anyone tell me what this thing is?!?!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not without a picture...

pkerseyahmed
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera also picked up some strange dust like stuff with the night vision. I'm not sure what it is, I turn on the light and there is nothing there but when the lights are off there are orbs of light floating around. I uploaded a video but it became a bit grainy after I uploaded it to YouTube. The video shows a group of orbs that almost looks like smoke. We were watching it on my cell phone in another room and when my 7 yo said go to the right they start floating in the opposite direction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k98qQfec4pA

sassy1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has anyone used or CAPTURED any spirit,ghost or entity activity with the arlo?
Kennybhoy
Initiate
Initiate