Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ThinkDifferent
Guide
Guide

Library thumbnailLibrary thumbnailImage quality when playedImage quality when played

Hi. Does anyone know why this happens? My cameras only recently went bonkers. About half of all library records play with the image partially or completely covered with green screen, and appearing as smeared thumbnails. The problem affects both of my cameras pointed towards my entryway so I’m inclined to think it’s a network/software problem. Solutions welcome 🙂

127 REPLIES 127
RicoP
Guide
Guide

Camera doing the same thing for a few weeks now on and off.. not seeing any solutions.

dB20
Star
Star
With so many having the issue in a similar timeframe, it’s very likely it’s a bug that has inadvertently been introduced. It happens randomly on all my 10 cameras which are spread between two base stations. I’ve never had the issue before and have had my system for about 2 1/2 years. It would be highly unlikely for all of my hardware to fail at once. Support seems to have the same response (reset, re-add the cameras, reminder of warranty length, etc).
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
I’m getting exactly the same on my 3 camered Arlo Hd system with my VMB3000 base station and VMC3030 cameras.

Each and every one of them has the same intermittent pixelation, then green screen then loads of lines, at various different times. Hugely frustrating.

Has any of the tech heads come up with a solution yet? My system is a couple of years old, granted. However up until 2 weeks ago it never ever had an issue. Help!
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
This is what I get. About 70% of the recordings are like this.
RicoP
Guide
Guide
I sent pictures into tech support but haven’t heard back. For the cost of the system’s it shouldn’t take this long to figure this out. Not a coincidence all these people are having issues.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@RicoP

Thank you for the attachments, the development team is investigating these reports/attachments. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I am still getting this also, along with the Activity Zones which STILL DONT WORK!
I have posted a picture earlier in the thread

Fishy_89
Tutor
Tutor
Also having same issue along with approx 10 other people in the Arlo tips and help Facebook group.

Arlo needs to find a solution fast otherwise there will plenty of people changing camera providers.
Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I have been waiting for a fix on their Activity Zones for MONTHS now. Nothing!!!
I’m done. Maybe I’m stuck with the hardware but I sure as heck am not giving them another dime for ANY SOFTWARE RELATED!!!
Tomorrow I will cancel my subscription to the “Smart “ plan.
It is totally useless as nothing works anymore. I still have an open ticket for the Activity Zone issue but no one is updating me. This is customer service??????????
And its gone back to sending alerts for things I have selected NOT to send, as well as the so called “smart” features. And now the vertical lines and green screen.!?!?
One more year on Best Buys Geek Squad coverage and if nothing improves I will send it ALL BACK and buy a new washing machine.
I am really, REALLY, so done with this inferior product. And I will be sure to put the word out.
Really, I’m done!

RicoP
Guide
Guide
I’m looking for other options now, non-functioning cameras For a few weeks doesn’t work for me. Don’t want them going out when it’s actually needed.
FabQuadrozzi87
Guide
Guide
Has there been anything done to fix this yet? Had a few days where only a couple of grainy videos occurred but now we are back up to more than 3 in 4 or so....

One of them is a brand new camera too to try to eliminate it from the equation. Pressure now on you Arlo.

Sent my email to askarlo@arlo.com as requested but no response
RicoP
Guide
Guide
Nothing yet, I’m looking at other options, can’t continue with this system, pointless having a camera if I can’t see the images.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @FabQuadrozzi87

Thank you, yes we received your email & I will be provide an update as soon as possible. 

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Hi ShayneS.

I also have this issue. Is it an Arlo issue or is my one camera faulty?
Any advice for me?
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

@ArnieLittle wrote:

I’m also having the same problem with my new Arlo video doorbell (activated in mid June 2020). Videos recorded are useless as they display with either a green screen, blurred lines or pixilated footage around images of people.

I’ve done all the usual to troubleshoot:

1. Checked that firmware is up to date.
  2. Reset device, multiple times.
  3. Checked wifi connection (there is no issue with connection to Arlo Ultra base station which is located within acceptable proximity to doorbell).
  4. Reduced video resolution and motion sensitivity.
  5. Logged a job with Arlo support.

NOTHING HAS WORKED. I find it extraordinary that multiple customers have raised similar issues over an extended period of time, and there does not appear to be a viable solution yet. Disappointed Arlo. When will you provide a fix?

85354A8D-6E7B-4CBB-872E-2D84B39A985B.jpegE4EDB78C-6F32-4769-BB2C-F730FD5D41AE.jpegCD0DB804-3F7D-44E1-ACD6-9CC7557CAECA.jpeg

Never gonna happen. This is the new normal. Arlo doesn't give a DA.N about the quality.  The new leaders don't want to stick another penny into bandwidth and servers. Get used to it.

RicoP
Guide
Guide
Sorry to hear that... Saw there was an update to the app last week and I believe firmware bug today my cameras were doing the same thing again.
Estanger
Star
Star

I was contacted by support directly, and they asked for screenshots, I gave them four from two cameras along with model, serial numbers and software revs.  They came back with the same stuff reset, pair, check the bandwidth and the like.  Stuff I had already done.  I have asked for a software revision history to try to help them sort it out.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
I too, was contacted. I’m waiting for a reply after submitting my sample screen captures. We shall see...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Reallyconfused

Thank you for the attachments, this info has been escalated & I will be providing an update here as soon as possible.

hcampana
Aspirant
Aspirant

My ARLO PRO camera image is tinted green at times. It’s only 1 of the 5 cameras and it just started after several years of service.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

@ShayneS wrote:

@Reallyconfused

Thank you for the attachments, this info has been escalated & I will be providing an update here as soon as possible.

Do you want video recordings too?

Fishy_89
Tutor
Tutor

Seems like the issue has been fixed from my end.

Had the customer service team email me saying that the firmware has been updated and to make sure my app is up to date.

No more issues since then!

dB20
Star
Star
Don’t see a firmware upgrade lately. What rev are you running now?
Mikeday1uk
Tutor
Tutor
Last update I can see is 2.18.1 which is just over a week old - I’m still having the same issues though, it has definitely got worse over the last month of so as well - the number of non-pixelated images is almost down to zero
Borgy
Guide
Guide
I'm still getting this issue now. Is there a resolution as of yet? Thanks