Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

My notifications on iOS suddenly changed to 24 hour time. I have done nothing to cause this

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team made some backend fixes and should now be fixed.

If you're still seeing the notifications showing in 24-hour time, please log out of the app and re-log back in. If the issue still occurs, try power cycling your Arlo devices to see if that helps.

View solution in original post

39 REPLIES 39
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@del13r wrote:
My notifications on iOS suddenly changed to 24 hour time. I have done nothing to cause this

Interesting.  I haven't seen that on my iPhone 12 mini (currently running iOS 14.6).

Have other notifications (messages, etc)  also changed to 24 hour time?

Did you go into Apple Settings (General -> Date & Time) and confirm that 24-Hour Time isn't set somehow?

vhmerritt
Aspirant
Aspirant
Why did my Arlo system switch to 24 hour time format? How do I change back to 12 hour format?
Tjv1988
Initiate
Initiate
Mine to!! What the hell? Its like a big middle finger to their US based customers. Not all of us can understand it or are familiar with it. Why not give us an option? I saw a post where the rest of the world was complaining about it NOT being in the 24 format..like ok get over it. We don't all go by that format..Arlo should make an option to let its customers choose what time format we want the notifications to show in. Im running an Android phone. I went into all settings I could and notification settings and still there is no where to change it.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

For anyone who is experiencing their Arlo app showing as 24-hour time, could you please provide the following?

• Screenshot showing it in 24-hour time instead of 12-hour time
  • What phone device you're seeing this on?
  • What Android or iOS version and Arlo app version you are running on?
  • What country are you from?
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
Region settings: Australia where we use am and pm instead of 24 hour time.
iPhone 12 on iOS 14.6
Arlo app 3.2 (2202)
dcfox1
Master
Master

@JessicaP  I just noticed today. I have Iphone8 IOS 14.6 and no change as I just updated to that. Arlo App 3.2  

It's just notifications. No big deal here as I have always used 24 hour at work but just to help others. 

osr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi! The time format just changed for me today on my iPhone 12 Pro Max notifications. I did an Apple software update overnight to iOS 14.6, so I'm guessing that is the issue. The 24-hour format is not selected in my iPhone's time settings, and I can't see any Arlo setting that provides a time format option, so I'm at a loss for how to change it back. Thanks for investigating!

dcfox1
Master
Master

@osr  I had the 24 hour format today before updating to 14.6 a couple hours ago. So don't think that is it but yea good they are looking into it. 

prcdjr
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is anyone having an issue with Arlo time alerts With military instead of regular 12 hour time
Sticks0915
Tutor
Tutor

Not sure how/why this happened but the pop up notifications about motion are now showing in military time instead of what I will say is traditional time format.  I've looked through my online account and through the app and don't see where choosing time format for notifications is an option. In the library it's showing regular time, it's just the pop ups that are doing this.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team is investigating these reports. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Beachbait
Aspirant
Aspirant
It just started today. Screenshot attached. IOS software 14.4.2.
No changes have been made on the phone or Arlo of my doing.
NicoleNM
Aspirant
Aspirant
My time notifications changed to 24 hr format on my android phone Galaxy 9. I have tried to reset phone, and the Arlo Base nothing changed. Driving me crazy
del13r
Tutor
Tutor
robwattman
Star
Star
Why do iOS push notifications now shows military time not am/pm? Times on recordings in the app show am/pm. This started recently but I cannot remember if there was an app update. I did have to restore on a new phone.
ShaneLee
Luminary
Luminary

Mine is doing this as well and I did not restore my phone, so I don't think that's the issue. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I am seeing it now.  "Vehicle detected on Ultra at 20:30" for example.  The system time itself remains in 12 hour time format (iOS says that notification was received "Yesterday, 8:30 pm).

JDPowell2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yesterday the timestamp on my recordings changed to a 24 hour clock. A couple hours after I noticed it, the clock changed back to a 12 hour clock. It then skipped ahead about 8 hours and has stayed that way since. I tried resetting the base station, but no luck.
Anybody else experienced this?
Hrsdya9
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo was registering time using the 12 hour clock, now all of a sudden it's showing a 24 hour clock.  I'm sure this change has something to do with an update, but does anyone know how to change it back to the 12 hour clock?

unclev
Star
Star

Just another reason to switch to Nest. Never, ever have any problems with them unlike Arlo. With Arlo, its always one thing or another. 

halo311
Aspirant
Aspirant
I also just started having this issue the other day. My phone notifications now show 24 hour format.

Pixel 5, Android 11, US
pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Same problem here. 24hr format on notifications. Android 9, Samsung S8. All other notifications are in the correct time format. It's quite annoying. We don't use 24hr time here in the USA so give us the option to choose 12 or 24 or switch it back to 12 hr like it used to be.

What's the status on this?

unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
iPhone XS showing 24 hour time. I won’t let me post a photo.
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
iPhone XS USA EST.