Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
del13r
Tutor
Tutor

My notifications on iOS suddenly changed to 24 hour time. I have done nothing to cause this

39 REPLIES 39
unlimitedsounds
Luminary
Luminary
iPhone XS USA EST
Susankl22
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden when my Arlo alerts are coming to me on iPhone & iPad showing military time. It’s not doing that on my husbands droid. I have no idea why or how to change it.

Thank you

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Susankl22 wrote:

All of a sudden when my Arlo alerts are coming to me on iPhone & iPad showing military time. It’s not doing that on my husbands droid. I have no idea why or how to change it.

Arlo is investigating, and there is no way to change it for the web push alerts.  You'll just have to wait for a fix.

Though if you really struggle with the format, then switching to text message alerts might be a work-around. 

Ashakijohnson
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am using VMB4000 Arlo Pro 2.

iOS 14.6

iPhone 11

24 hour time is on all my iOS devices that I updated now. 

I am located in USA

Using Arlo app version 3.2

Also, a couple of my cameras were connected to outlets and they no longer charge the devices since this update. This makes it very hard to manage my devices because I used the plugged wires for a reason.

Thank you, I hope you all remedy this issue. 

dcfox1
Master
Master

@pc2k17 wrote:

It's quite annoying. We don't use 24hr time here in the USA so give us the option to choose 12 or 24 or switch it back to 12 hr like it used to be.

What's the status on this?

Actually, Public Safety and Military use it. It is to avoid mixing up A.M and P.M. Once you use it it is much simpler then 12 HRS. 

kr67mustang
Luminary
Luminary

You are so correct unclev- I have never seen a company have the amount of technical issues that Arlo has. I have owned and been in this field for over 20 yrs. and it is unfair to all of Arlo's customers.....

pc2k17
Hero
Hero

Yes I know what 24hr time format is used for and that US military use it, but US military doesn't use Arlo and never will. When I said "we", I meant USA arlo customers.

But let me clarify... The vast majority of USA civilians, in general, do not use 24 hour format for time, so please give option to choose.

I don't think it's easier and I've never mixed up am and pm. Even if someone says, hey lets get dinner at 8, everyone knows it's 8pm, not 8am. But if they say lets get dinner at 20 hundred hours most people have to do the math and subtract the 12 to know that's 8pm. 12hr format is how we tell time in the US and since the USA is the greatest country to ever grace this earth, I'll stick with our way.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@pc2k17 It is just a bug, Arlo is aware and it will be fixed. They didn't take the option away on purpose. 

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have same problem. Very annoying that i did nothing to cause this problem. 

Normandroy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Its not Apple settings. Those haven’t changed. 

BP13x
Aspirant
Aspirant

The time on Arlo app and iPhone and iPad are correct but today the notification time is shown in military time.

visigirl
Tutor
Tutor

I am having the same problem, it shows up on my android phone and my ipad.  Any resolution yet?

Campingdude1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Time zone is Mtn Standard
Time changed on 6/9/21.
Arlo pro packages Vmk4151.
Screenshot attached.
ezatnova
Aspirant
Aspirant

The other day I noticed that my push notifications of alerts changed to a 24h time format from my normal 12h AM/PM type.  I didn't change anything.

Contacted support but naturally got the lazy "Reset your station", "reinstall your app" type canned response.

Curious if anyone has had this happen and if it's a setting somewhere or what 

Thanks

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team made some backend fixes and should now be fixed.

If you're still seeing the notifications showing in 24-hour time, please log out of the app and re-log back in. If the issue still occurs, try power cycling your Arlo devices to see if that helps.