Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday I received my new arlo alarm system. I updated to the new app and installed the system. I set up a leave/arrive automation and the geofencing only has the option to select old iPhone devices that i don’t even use anymore. Prior to yesterdays update, my geofencing was working fine. 

Please help. Ive deleted that app, I’ve changed the location services in iPhones settings on and off, as well us under the arlo app settings. I deleted all trusted devices, I’ve logged on and off, and geofencing won’t have my current iPhone as an option to select. 

help 

81 REPLIES 81
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for the feedback. I will look in to this and provide an update as soon as possible. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The first phone listed should be the most current/trusteed device. Can you check again and let me know if selecting this device works?

Thanks 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

hello,

I tried the first one like you said, and it does not work. I tried all 4 that are listed, nothing. also, none of them show the name of my current iphone. All devices listed are old devices. 

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok now what you said to do works..... BUT 

I was advised on another post to take my doorbell off the homebase and instead add it by Wi-Fi so that it can work with the new alarm system. So I'm hoping your geofence trick still works.  Fingers crossed 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update 

Murphy5156
Initiate
Initiate

I'm trying to set up leave/arrive geofencing in my house with one Arlo Pro camera.  My wife and I each have an iPhone. When I'm in the app and go to select "when specific people arrive" for instance...it shows three options:

iPhone

Murph's iPad

iPhone

I don't even have the Arlo app on my iPad so no idea how that device is listed...can I remove it?

Also, is there no way to differentiate between the two "iPhone" listings?  I'd like to be able to tell that it's my phone and my wife's phone.  

I'm on the new 4.0 app with the new dashboard and there doesn't seem to be any place to edit this list so that it's "correct".  Do I just have to live with the list as Arlo is presenting it?

Thanks!

IMG_0652.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure this will will help but have you checked your profile? Click on the "person" icon to go to the profile and check your login settings for 2FA. Select Edit so you can delete old/unused entries. ALternatively, check the settings/accounts for anyone who you have granted access to your system.

Mbambi28
Apprentice
Apprentice

I recently posted about this. I was told that the first device listed is your device. (regardless of name). So I selected the first device and my geofencing did work again. But idk for 2 devices. 

I use to be able to delete old trusted devices and add my current device (with updated name),but now my list only shows old device names. Have you tried adding your wife under the people tab? I've never used it so just really brainstorming here. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JeffS42
Star
Star

8E683B08-C8B8-4DFD-9E6E-9A956404A859.png

Hello,

How can I make it so I can see the names of the people in the configuration screen? They both just say “iPhone”

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I see the same thing on Android. The likely "solution" is to remove all trusted devices and add them back in with unique names (people and/or device).

JeffS42
Star
Star

How would one do this?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Edit your profile (person icon top left). Click on your name/Account Profile, Login Settings, Two Step Verification and then Edit at the top right.

Babewk
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Geofencing is not recognizing that I am "home". This seems to have coincided with the update to the mobile app.

I am sharing location....and when viewing the geofencing on the app, it does show my location within the radius.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app are you using? Is this occurring with Android or iOS?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The dev team is still working on a fix for this issue, I will provide another update soon.

Thanks 

Babewk
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS....4.02 (5309)

WY7WL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello, 

My wife is added to the "people" list in the app with admin permissions. However the automation fails to disarm or arm with her phone. Her iphone is the same model with the same permissions and settings as my phone (which does work correctly). I fail to her her device listed in the Routines/automations/Specific people... Should I see my wife's phone there? I have been using Anyone Arrive or Everyone Leave Options, but this does not work. I've tried Specific people as, but with no luck. Also the devices listed there just say "iphone" and are not editable nor can I remove an old device. Something that needs to change in the app....

Thanks for any suggestions. 

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem.  When using a product that is called "home security system", I don't see how having "specific people" called "iPhone" is OK.  This is a serious problem; we need to know "who" this is; what "device" this is.  Also, I'd like to be able to rename that device to something useful; that is if I could tell what it was. I would also like to be able to add/delete from the "specific people" list.  I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this; I'd like from someone from Arlo to admit that this is a problem, and that they are working on.  As a user, trying to secure their home, I need this feature to be working. 

Other users please chime in.  I would love to know how many others are having this problem.  It is my main concern.  Thank you.

DogWatchMe
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yup, having the same problem.  This is a major concern.  Arlo folks, please escalate this issue.  Thank you.

Bartley
Luminary
Luminary

Similar issues here. My phone model is listed (SM-G781U), My Ipad (No model), a phone I haven't had for two years the model is listed (SM-G950U) Old galaxy S8. Very concerned why the old phone is still connected to my account. My Wifes phone is not listed at all (SM-N981U). I agree for a security system we need to have some answers. Arrive/leave does not work at all for me. Ironically on my Ipad my wife's phone shows up model listed (SM-N981U), My old phone with model listed twice (SM-G950U), Ipad listed twice (No model) My Current phone with model (SM-G781U). The Arrive/Leave does not work. The only devices that should have access and be used is My SM-G781U, My wife's SM-N981U and the Ipad. The more I use this the more I am having trouble trusting the Home Security System. Another issue I have is not having any access to reliable technical help from Arlo. All apps on my devices are updated to the latest version.

WY7WL
Aspirant
Aspirant

The automation works sometimes on my phone only. But only sometimes. And then if someone is home while I’m gone the alarm will constantly go off until I disarm it.

I have an 3 iPhone on my account and only 2 in the family. So no idea where it is seeing that extra phone…

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

This issue has been identified and a fix should be coming soon. I will provide an update as soon as I hear more. 

Thanks

dmars11
Initiate
Initiate

same issue arrive/leave not working,  too many devices shown when selecting people and not labeled correctly and old devices shown as well

when will fix be issued?

or any other solutions already ?

thanks