Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Skylane
Follower
Follower
A week ago 1 of my 2 Arlo cameras shows a red/pink image. I tried pulling the batteries to reset it but that had no effect, still looking at a tinted image.

Am I missing something? Is it possible I messed up some setting somewhere?
324 REPLIES 324
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Techperson2 wrote:

I can't they closed it out. 

Open a new one and reference the old one.  

Boot879
Star
Star
If you had to return your Arlo camera because it had the “pink/red tint” issue... it wasn’t an Arlo Pro. The Pro versions do not have the same design and therefore do not suffer from the tint issue.
sootysainter
Aspirant
Aspirant

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you read any of the many, many other threads about this that have the answer?  That's usually a good first step prior to posting yet  another similar comment.

Try opening and closing the battery door.  If that doesn't work or if it comes back, open a case with support here for a replacement.

Runcnc
Aspirant
Aspirant
Installed my system yesterday and had issues right out of the box!
See for yourself!
This issue has been going on for over a year now with this product and Netgear has not fixed this issue and keeps selling defective devices.
Purchased from HSN last week.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

And have you read all the threads here about the same thing that have the answer in all of them?  Open a case with support although I don't know that HSN is an authorized dealer so you may have issues getting them replaced.  You may have to deal with HSN.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Boot879 wrote:
If you had to return your Arlo camera because it had the “pink/red tint” issue... it wasn’t an Arlo Pro. The Pro versions do not have the same design and therefore do not suffer from the tint issue.

Exactly right

nsheridan2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Had the same problem. I had a live chat with Netgear and I got a replacement camera in 3 days.

boebrino62
Aspirant
Aspirant

Please post how to fix the red/pink tint/hue that people are having on their cameras.  My cameras were up for 2 months and now 1 of them has this pink tint on it.  

tjohnson147
Star
Star
Try opening up the back of camera for 1hr. Replace or charge batteries. Then turn camera upside down and leave it on. If that doesn't work u will have to try and get them to replace it...
Vulcan24
Tutor
Tutor

Hi I have the same problem as quite a few other people being the red/pink picture on the camera. Tried opening and closing batteries and resetting several times without any luck. Now 2 out of my 4 camera are affected.

I live in New Zealand.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

I had a number of these. I went back to Noel Leeming where I bought them and they exchanged them for new ones. We seem to be luckier than other countries with a 2 year warranty on ours whereas most other countries seem to only have a one year warranty

christreg
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi. I have 3 cameras and just one of the cameras is showing a red tinge and I’m not too sure why. I’ve replaced the batteries started of ok but with a min or two it went back to red tinge again.
Please Help
steve_t
Master Master
Master

This is a known issue involving an IR filter. Take the camera back to where you bought it and get it exchanged.

wiccawillow
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have had 3 of my camera's turn pinkish red.

Paulkerlim
Aspirant
Aspirant
Pink tint on camera, told me to get it down and sync it again. Has any tried this and does it work as not sure I can be bothered. May just send back for a replacement. Let me know . Thanks
sagethyme
Guide
Guide

I've had that happen to more than one comaera. Get a replacement. 

iaindgordon
Tutor
Tutor
Harry75
Aspirant
Aspirant
My view is pink?
Beltx
Aspirant
Aspirant

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Harry75 wrote:
My view is pink?

Open battery door and pull batteries then replace.( resets cam )

If it continues or happens again, contact Netgear Support ( bottom of page ) as it may be a hardware issue

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

iaindgordon,

Reboot the camera by opening and closing the battery compartment door. Allow the camera to sync back up to the base station and try again. If you still experience the same behavior, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Boot879
Star
Star
This issue (pink tint) is an ongoing problem that Netgear knows about. It’s a defect they fixed in the Pro versions but left those of us who bought the original Arlos with. I’m a huge fan of the overall system, but the original Arlo Wire Free cameras are junk to be avoided.
one028
Aspirant
Aspirant

FIX....WORKED FOR ME...

you dont even have to turn the camera off....just get the camera down (which sucks), put the lens face down so the video will be dark....and click live view on the app....slowly lift the camera up to let it adjust to the light.

but, im going to get another camera...this fixed it for now. 

Sugarboss
Guide
Guide
If you get another one, don't get a pro2 until they fix the problems.