Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jenkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I log into my account from my browser I get "Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."  However, it is connected (all green lights) and I can even watch recordings that are made by motion detection while I am logged in.  The base station is actively upoloading video recordings and I can view them even when it says my base station is not connected.  I have logged out and in, rebooted, etc. but it still says not connected.  What else can I try?  My system is only two days old.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Log out of the web page and back in. Works well for me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jenkin,

Welcome to the community! It sounds like you have isolated the issue to the web browser. Some users experience this issue due to anti-virus software, consider disabling any that you may have and then see if you get the same results on your browser. Alternatively you could try and isolate further by trying a different web browser or using the Arlo mobile app. Let us know!

JamesC

Lugaid
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue, and the mobile app doesnt work eighter, worked fine the first 2-3 weeks.

First time i notice the problem one of the lamps had turn from green to yellow, did a reboot and now all the lamps is green again but still no acces to the live fed of the cameras.

Been green for a week now but still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you able to successfully log into the web page?  If not, try logging out and back in or use a different browser.  Does the app work on a mobile device?

jenkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried logging out and logging in, but it did not help.  I tried logging in from my work computer and the base station was accessible from the webpage - once.  After the first log in on my work computer, all other log ins showed the base station was not connected.  I do not believe it has anything to do with the anti-virus software since I used different computers.  I never had this problem with my original Netgear system.  What is different with the Arlo log in that keeps causing this problem?  At least I see that I am not the only one having a problem with the base station connection.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jenkin,

Are you only getting this problem when trying to log in from work? 

jenkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

No.  I was able to log in at work using IE.  Later, it did not work either.  As many have posted, it is not a router, anti-virus, or browser problem, it is a Netgear software problem.  We should not have to log out and log in, try another browser, disable anti-virus, etc., which are all suggestions made on this site.  We should be able to log in and stream our cameras.  What is the real source of this problem?