Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
azrasound
Initiate
Initiate

Maybe wishful thinking, but I upgraded my app to v4.0.1 this AM and the number on the badge on the app icon has gone back to zero or low number if a new notification is observed.

iOS 16.1.2

Klkilgore
Aspirant
Aspirant

It appears the app software was updated last week. Since then my Unviewed video count on my iPhone Home Screen shows over 22,000 Unviewed videos. When I open the app the video count blinks and changes to the correct number. 

any way to fix this? 

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor

So last week, my app said I had like over 12000 notifications on my phone and as soon as I have a notification, I usually check right away. Of course I contacted customer service and s/he just said I have too many since it’s at driveway. And just told me to turn off the device for 24hrs. 
Every single time when I have a problem with the camera.that’s what I am told… 

Anyways, those number disappeared when I got on from another device. But it keeps adding numbers again and now it says about 500. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

There have been recent reports of similar issues on the forum.

No clarity as to what is wrong yet but as it is not global it suggests a regional server issue with arlo.

If you have a subscription plan you can raise a fault case for the issue to be fixed.

Most likely it will get resolved when they figure it out, in the interim just ignore the number unless you’re getting constant notifications and recordings.

Arlo customer facing  support are usually the last to know of current issues hence the seemingly inept responses from what I have observed.

Traxless
Aspirant
Aspirant

Camera and base capture a single video BUT displays a count of 28 every time.  I delete the single video from the library and the library is empty.  Next time…same results.  

Myn
Aspirant
Aspirant

I also have 52,000 according to my notifications on the app. I’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, rebooting my iPhone, everything I can think of!

tonyyak
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iphone SE and my Arlo app recently started displaying a notifications number in the thousands.  I updated the app (Version 4.01), however, it still is displaying an inaccurate number.  When I go into the app, the library notifications number originally displayed changes to the correct amount.  Then when I close app, it the correct number displays for a bit, but then goes back to a large multi-thousand number. 

Here is a screenshot: 

IMG_0321.jpg

 #apple

Rclermont
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo app says I hav 37,172 clips to check this # keeps going up when I open it it disappears until I get new clip then would be 37,173 very annoying 

RCAST
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same exact issue

nco
Aspirant
Aspirant

Does same on mine. How to resolve this?

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

Had a Level 3 support reach out for activity logs. Fingers crossed. 

NotThrilled
Initiate
Initiate

My push notifications are not clearing after viewing each event that occurs. I am showing I have over 400 new events which is not true. I have verified I have the latest update, restarted my phone, restarted the device and deleted and re-downloaded the app. Nothing seems to clear the old events whenever an actual new one occurs. I see this has happened earlier this year. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Eksoccer99

Awesome, it was probably a member from my team. I have been escalating this issue. 

Jabbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo notifications - specifically badge count - keeps a running total.  It never did this before and only recently started doing it.  If I had 5 notifications and I looked in the app to see them it would show the badge count removed.  If one video showed up after it would show 1 notification.  Now it’s a running total.  Currently at 2400 videos (notifications by badge count).  Can this be fixed.  I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app a few times.  

MostlyLeasure
Aspirant
Aspirant

Since uppgrading the app the other day, (4.0.1 (5272) the badge shows hundreds of notifications, but my camera has only one video saved.  This is new and (very)  annoying behavior, especially when I count on the badge to warn me of activity that could be a security issue.

TShark
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 1 video recording currently. But my iPhone notifications count shows 2,353. As soon as I click on the app, and the Arlo library, the count changes correctly to "1."  However if I close the app, it changes back to 2,353

Jabbs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Interesting, mine are at 2520.  Sometimes changes to accurate number but does revert back to the larger number.  

Bsorochan
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same problem .. 

Ldmcroton
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • The new recording counter on my app counts all existing recordings every time I get a new one. 
Little_boobah
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue. ios 16.1.1 version 4.0.2. I'm sure we will be getting another update with the ios 16.1.2 release.

kgmeehan
Guide
Guide

kgmeehan_1-1670623703491.png

Snyper912
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue. Following for solution. 

RCAST
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo Team- any path forward yet?

Dmgs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo app always indicates from 250-350 videos (varies each time) but they are only the normal few. The number disappears after opening app..  But reappears frequently.  This happens on iphone and ipad.  I have a wired doorbell and wireless pro 4. 

It was happening before the latest update and continues after the update. Restarting doesn’t solve the problem. Unsure if deleting app on all devices would help either. 

Any advice?

ppatel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it by making my wife open her app ( she has different account). This happened to me when she was using my account too in her phone. When she opened her app and looked at notification, mine got reset to 0 and then started from 1.