Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Badge Notifications not resetting (again...)

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue with the badge counter not resetting should now be resolved. Please let me know if you still experience the issue.

View solution in original post

175 REPLIES 175
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I'll look in to this.

ant
Mentor
Mentor

Yep, this and many other issues had been around for so long. 😞

Whysoslow
Star
Star
Here, too. To clear badge counts I have to open the app, and click on Library twice. Next triggering events brings back badge at over 100.

iPhone 12
iOS 15.1.1
App version 3.5.12 (3220)
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

Yep, that's exactly what's happening to me too.  I just sent Arlo copies of logs at their request, so they are looking into it.

Fiko18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same thing happening to me started last week. Classic Arlo, the app has been incredibly buggy for over 2 years now.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

CiscoCisco
Tutor
Tutor

Any progress on this?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@CiscoCisco

The Dev team is actively investigating this issue. I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

ArloGoodExcept
Initiate
Initiate

ios 15.2.1 iPhone7... same experience.  New triggering events cause large incorrect notification counts (badges).

Roodzac
Tutor
Tutor
The latest in a long run of issues over the last several months with my Arlo system is this incorrect notifications problem. I found a two year old post with the same issue but couldn’t figure out how to reply. The problem is I get motion on one of my cameras and it’ll say random numbers for 1 or 2 or 3 (etc.) actual new videos but the icon will read 40 or 72 or 21….it is never the same but NEVER that amount of new videos.
Ar-SLOW
Initiate
Initiate
Badge notifications are showing in the 100s. I can clear it but then the next time I get a notification it’s back in the 100s.

Seems this is a recurring problem from browsing the forum. Any new updates incoming?
Disguy
Aspirant
Aspirant
So as of a few days ago (presumably tied to an update due to sudden onset) my alert push notifications don’t reset after viewing the days’ alerts. So 3-4 days in now, the counter is at seventy something which is mildly irritating, but there seems to be persistent issues with the backend components of this piece of the platform. Previously, the app wouldn’t acknowledge that the alerts had been viewed at all - counter wouldn’t reset, at least not for quite a while. Next incremental improvement they’d reset, but it would take toggling back and forth between the days a number of times to clear them. Notwithstanding my slight OCD on all things push notifications, could your development team try and get this figured out…? Seems a rather elementary component.

Aside…. Y’all may wanna look at the field names in these forms
Fiko18
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any update? It has been several weeks now and this issue has not been resolved.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue has been identified and an update to resolve this is coming. I will provide an update as soon as possible. 

Thanks  

mikesuth
Tutor
Tutor

Gosh Shayne, how many times have I seen that statement over the last three years?  There have been badge count issues since 2015, but this issue has stuck around for at least three years now, and each release fails to fix it (or a subsequent release brings it back).  Code control?

Is your developer worried about job security if he really fixes it?  

It is odd that it doesn't affect everyone.  

DenizRoth
Tutor
Tutor
When does the update gonna be released? It’s very annoying….
krypttic
Luminary
Luminary
Going on two months now. I guess their definition of “soon” is very different than mine…
robwattman
Star
Star
The was an app update today but it did not fix the badge reset issue.
ScottCan
Star
Star
Dear Arlo Support,
This issue is still occurring. Can you increase the priority on this bug? Thank you.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @ScottCan

I have been monitoring this issue & the team has a fix coming. I will update as soon as the fix is released. 

ChrisKz
Guide
Guide

Any update? This is very annoying to see a notification number of 70+ for one or two new clips in the library. 

garciag800
Tutor
Tutor
Same exact issue here. Classic Arlo. Moderator says they're looking into it and THREE months later still no solution ... Honestly, how hard could this be
robwattman
Star
Star
There was another app update today, but it did not fix the badge number issue. This is ridiculous!
robwattman
Star
Star
There was another app update yesterday, but it did not fix the badge number issue. This is beyond ridiculous!