Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
Doubleneck
Tutor
Tutor

Just recently I noticed that I am not receiving the first motion detected Badge Count Notification on my iPhone home screen. After I get a second motion alert the number 1 appears in the red circle. After the third notification the number 2 appears. For some reason it is skipping the first motion notification. 

oddmud
Guide
Guide

It’s happening again!!!!!!!

Keefmac
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was never fixed in the first place?.

robwattman
Star
Star

Now it’s clear to me that with Arlo’s new retroactive End of Life policy that Arlo has no intention to fix this issue.  It’s time to find a different security camera system. That sucks as I spent over $1,000 on my system and expected it to last “forever”…

oddmud
Guide
Guide

Yeah I’ve been upset with arlo for some time. I would never recommend this brand to anyone at all. Horrible customer service, no fixing issues, doesn’t work properly, and it’s way overpriced for what you get. 

Znakebyte
Aspirant
Aspirant

As the title says; notifications (red badge icon) does not clear correctly. It goes away after entering the library in the app, but the next time someone walks by i get the total number of notifications I had +1.

I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app. Also tried removing camera and added it again. Still same result.

A quick search showed this had been going on since 2019. I'm really disappointed in this. Makes notifications useless 😞

robwattman
Star
Star

I do not see a way to reset mobile device as you describe MyArlo.com. Clicking Library brings up the videos. There is Filter and Select menu just the same as the mobile app. No other option other than selecting the Month / Day???

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@robwattman Yea, that will do nothing. Was a lame suggestion. Their solution is always go to the web version. *eyeroll* I’m now not getting as much iOS app badge count numbers appearing on the icon for some reason/all of a sudden (not sure if pushed from server side), but almost see the correct number on the ‘library’ tab once in the app. The other irritating part is, I also have to click to a different tab along the bottom and back to library for the count to clear. 

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

In another thread I’m in and email I received. This was posted per Tuesday’s app update. Fingers crossed. 

Topic:Badge Notifications STiLL Note Resetting
Author:krypttic (Luminary)
Date:2022-06-29 04:04 PM

A cloud fix was released today that should resolve this issue. Please let us know if you continue experiencing inaccurate badge notifications.

JamesC

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The issue with the badge counter not resetting should now be resolved. Please let me know if you still experience the issue.

Snoopy70
Tutor
Tutor

This looks like it FINALLY fixed it!! Took forever and it was a painful process, but credit where credit is due.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Snoopy70

Thank you for the update, let me know if it occurs again. 

a20414t
Tutor
Tutor

First time user. Brand new iPhone14, installed doorbell 01/09/23, installed app from App Store, have persistent badge counter, with feed cleared. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still experiencing this issue? 

Thanks 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@a20414t

Do you have a granted access user added to your account?

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@ShayneS  Seem to be in sync now, ios badge number and Arlo library tab number. Though sometimes or most, the number does clear off from the ‘library’ tab, but sometimes reappears and have to click on another tab and then back to library for the number count to finally disappear when I get out of the app. 

a20414t
Tutor
Tutor

@ShayneS 

yes I have shared with another user. 

Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

It Seems Better,, but Not Accurate I think,,, I'm not getting notifications In the Thousands anymore,, 

My last Read on my Icon was 37 but But I had checked it before and believe that number should have been lower...

Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

I have 2 more Family members with Granted Access,, View Only..

robwattman
Star
Star

Yes. However the badge count is very much lower. Seems maybe a daily of 24 hour count. It will reset, but the next video will not be “1” but it will be the previous count +1

robwattman
Star
Star

Not anymore but deleting the other user’s access did not solve the problem (not to mention not having multiple people in the house able to view videos is a major issue in itself)

DAWilloughby
Tutor
Tutor

I'm running Arlo Secure version 4.0.3 on an iPhone 12 using iOS version 16.1.1.

The number of alerts showing on the badge is no longer cumulating into the thousands.  On occasion it is now operating in the way that it formerly did (i.e., showing only the number of alerts that have occurred since I last viewed the library).  However, as often as not the counter is showing a number that is greater than the number of alerts that have occurred since my last review of the library.  So far, that cumulative number has remained below 100 and the counter does not seem to be cumulating events that have occurred more than about a day before my last library review.

So in sum, the magnitude of the problem has been reduced but the counter is only intermittently functioning properly.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, I'll provide this to the team and provide any necessary updates.

a20414t
Tutor
Tutor

Shayne, 
The problem has resolved, with no action taken on my part. 
Banner disappears when viewing/ deleting alerts from feed ! ??

a20414t

mJeep
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. No shared users. Badge count is always super high until I look at it then next alert shows 40 or some high number. Can’t clear it or keep it low.