Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Badge Notifications not resetting (again...)

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
ppatel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I fixed it by making my wife open her app ( she has different account). This happened to me when she was using my account too in her phone. When she opened her app and looked at notification, mine got reset to 0 and then started from 1.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

My wife has granted access per her own account and it’s still doing it. 

Scraggie
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve been experiencing this for about a month now and never had in the last 2 years. This needs to be investigated and solved asap as it hinders usability a bit. Seems like maybe you app doesn’t work well with older phone models unless those on the latest iphone or android phone can say otherwise.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@Scraggie Doesn’t matter old or new/latest phone. iPhone 14 pro max here. My aunts is an 12pm having the same issues since last Xmas. 

RCAST
Tutor
Tutor

Having issue on both a 12 and 13 model iPhone. Issue started prior to new IOS release and still exists 

Scraggie
Initiate
Initiate

After posting yesterday my counter went from increasing by x alerts in the 20k range to now always being 17 no matter how many alerts I get. How does a bug change like that overnight. Is someone actively looking into this issue for users? Is it a problem with the basestation or account? I’m a software guy so I’m wondering how they’re even pulling the notification count and/or calculating it in the first place. 

DAWilloughby
Tutor
Tutor
I am using an iPhone 12 running iOS 16.2 and have the 4.02 version of the Arlo Secure app.

Starting today, the badge stopped displaying the cumulative total of all alerts ever made.  Now instead it shows no alerts at all, even if a number of alerts have been issued since I last looked at the library.

It's a different problem but a problem nevertheless.  I have not made any recent changes to my cell phone's operating system or settings and haven't recently altered any of the settings in the Arlo secure app either.
Jenlambo
Initiate
Initiate

I’m seeing this has been a problem off and on. I have the latest update. Does anyone know how to fix this. My notifications clear once I go in to the app, but as soon as there is movement again on my cameras, it’s added to my previous amount. I’m up to several hundred. 

Jenlambo
Initiate
Initiate

Same for me. Does anyone know how to resolve issue?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jenlambo wrote:

Does anyone know how to resolve issue?

All you can do is wait for Arlo to fix it.

BrandiLyn25
Initiate
Initiate

Mine is doing this now too. Before I had 32k notifications and now I don’t have any 😑

jentb88
Initiate
Initiate

I'm having the same issue where the count is cumulative. It just keeps getting higher and higher with each new video. I'm on a new iPhone 14, with the most up-to-date iOs 16.2. I've deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled it. I even have deleted every single video recording that appears in my app for the entire month. The only thing that did is make the count start at 1. After I've viewed the recording and another recording was made, the count goes to 2. I'm up to 9 for today and I've viewed each recording all the way through. This is frustrating and needs to be fixed. It doesn't matter old phone, or new phone.

Jschlode
Guide
Guide

Notifications on IOS will not clear.  Noticing that when I open app it resets but then when a new one pushes to phone it shows original number thats in the hundreds.  The number is the same as a second phone with granted access.  When granted access phone clears badges it goes away.  

Buckeyejoy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4700 notifications on my phone that come up in my Arlo app. I’ve gone through and looked at a months worth of camera footage to try to reset it but it just continues to increase in numbers. Does anybody know how I can get rid of these 4700 notifications?

Snoopy70
Tutor
Tutor

Arlo what are you goofs doing about this? We are all fed up!

Time to look at new camera options from a different company. 

Snoopy70
Tutor
Tutor

I spent an eternity on the phone with Arlo support and even though I could point to this thread and others where many people were having the issue, support claimed to have no awareness of the bug. I specifically asked if they were working on it and was told ‘no’. 

Clearly Arlo is jerking us around and hoping we will forget or go away or accept their buggy software. 

They rushed me off the phone promising to email with a solution and GUESS WHAT. They never did. My replies to the support ticket are ignored. Just like this thread. 

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

All these post and Arlo support has ghosted all of use with no eta fix. Probably, dragging their feet. So, ppl jump onto their subscription plans. Seemed to last work Jan 2020 for some ppl when I’ve read back on the forums. Also, dec 6 update broke ppls “use local storage” to a usb drive; stopped saving recordings. Bring back the Netgear developers before they sold this division off. They knew what they were doing. Also, now looking at other brands. Chop chop let’s go! 

Wheels1161
Initiate
Initiate

I see Arlo is really jumping on the problem for a fix.  This is just another example and reason to switch my video security solution to another provider.  Beyond ridiculous that their IT can't fix this.

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

@Wheels1161 what brand did you end up switching to? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue. I will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share.

As a workaround, you can login to your account via the web at My.Arlo.com and Select your Library/Feed to reset the Arlo app badge counter on your handheld device(s). 

Jack17
Aspirant
Aspirant

The motion detection alters on my Arlo app on my iPhone are no longer disappearing when I clear the video in my library.  The motion detection alerts just keep adding up day after day.  I’ve shutdown my phone and then restarted, but that only cleared the alerts for about 10 minutes and then they were all back.  Any suggestions?  Thanks

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

At a guess it is not occurring on my app yet so likely an arlo regional server issue.

May take them a while to fix so all you can do is ignore it until it goes away.

Pmac63
Initiate
Initiate

This is basic stuff, why is Arlo having such a hard time fixing this problem. There are a million apps out there that use notifications with alert badges and they all seem to have figured it out. Ask one of them how to do it.

Ernova2112
Guide
Guide

Cmon already with the Badge Icon Not resetting…. 🤨

please fix it 

FrenkB
Aspirant
Aspirant

My badge counter is not resetting. It happend since the last update with the new logo.