Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Badge Notifications not resetting (again...)

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
SAub
Apprentice
Apprentice

The Arlo app Icon on Iphone 11 shows an incorrect number of events. It shows 9945 events (or some such incorrect large number), when in fact I have 0. This just started occurring a few days ago. Sometimes after viewing events (to prove to myself that I have 0), the Arlo app icon no longer shows 9945 for a while, but after a while it once again shows 9945.

I have Arlo app version 3.8

IPhone 11

IOS 16.1.1

JoshS81
Initiate
Initiate

Hey all! I see there is an old discussion topic around excess notifications showing in the app. I am currently showing over 43,000 new notifications. I go in and look at the library and it clears but then it comes back as soon as a new recording pops up. This issue started either yesterday or today. I can’t remember.

acvirgo2003
Initiate
Initiate

I’ve got the same issue since a couple of days. Updating the app didn’t solve the problem. Anybody knows what’s going on?

jcurtin
Initiate
Initiate

Seems like this has been happening for years on a recurring basis to folks. Just started happening to me - badge count keeps going up even after I view notifications. Reinstalling and updating app didn't fix it. Was there ever a fix identified?

azrasound
Initiate
Initiate

Just started happening to me for first time.

iOS 16.1.1

Arlo app 3.8 (3443)

DenizRoth
Tutor
Tutor

For weeks for me….

DAWilloughby
Tutor
Tutor

For the past week or so have been experiencing a high number of alerts showing on the Arlo Secure icon on my iPhone 12. This started after I updated the phone to iOS 16.1.2.

If I tap on the Arlo Secure icon and then view the library, the alert counter disappears from the icon. However, the next time a doorbell detects anything, the counter reappears with a very large number (currently over 7,200). Prior to last week the counter would display only the number of alerts that had occurred since I last viewed the library. Now I presume that the large number displayed is the cumulative total of all alerts ever made.

I just updated the app on my phone to Arlo Secure 4.0.1 but that hasn't fixed the problem.

Any ideas as to how I can get the counter on the icon to behave as it used to?

Eksoccer99
Star
Star

It’s a glitch on their end they can’t seem to figure out. Need to go back to pre-Covid, code app development.

MimiBee
Guide
Guide

When I check my notifications, my library indicates I have a freakishly huge amount of unseen videos. What is going on? I check several times a day, so there is no way I have over 34,000 events….

collymitch33
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last two weeks my app’s badge count is over 4K! I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app but nothing changes. Any suggestions?

EV92618
Initiate
Initiate

It's happening again - Arlo Secure IOS icon showing incorrect number of new recordings. I saw a Closed topic on this dating back 2019 (I think) and it says a Cloud fix was initiated but it needs another one again this time. My iPhone Arlo Secure app keeps on showing 586+ (new) recordings but in fact it only has 25. The normal flow is that when I open and check the recordings, this notification will go away - it does at the moment I opened them but when I close the app the same icon notification will show the same incorrect no. of new recordings when it detects even a single new recording.

NaughtyLegion
Aspirant
Aspirant

Similar problem. Every time I have a camera event, my app shows 17,000+ recordings. There is obviously only the one, but the alert icon shows thousands. Each time I get a new event, the number increments.

jeanike
Initiate
Initiate

My arlo app on my phone shows number of recordings throughout the day, but lately it's been giving me weird numbers, like 25,000... it disappears when you open the app, and goes to a regular daily number, but it always show up again when I open my phone....does anyone else have this problem? And is there a way to correct it?

Amanda101600
Initiate
Initiate

My software is continuously showing I have over 50,000k notifications, when I do not.

How can this be fixed?

mop12345
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having the same issue. Because this appears not to happen to everyone, is this impacted by other users on the same account? I see an old thread discussing this issue and needing to remove/restore access from other accounts to solve. I am on an IOS device and my wife is on Android - does anyone else have a similar setup and have this issue?

IOS 16.1.1

Arlo Version 4.01

Pmackay77
Aspirant
Aspirant

Failing same issue…

Pmackay77
Aspirant
Aspirant

experiencing same issue

MimiBee
Guide
Guide

14A9296C-DF3A-4EAB-B62A-824567FAF6A4.jpeg

 What the heck??? I have 9 devices online at my home and ck my library several times a day. What is with this freakishly large number???

Saveondisc
Initiate
Initiate

Same issue here as well. Have the arlo essential doorbell with ios app. 4.0.1. Viewed all recordings and app badge still appears to have two unread events. Closed app, power cycled, reinstalled, etc. still no difference.

CiscoCisco
Tutor
Tutor

As far as I'm concerned, this issue was never resolved. The thread was locked for a while even though it was never fixed. Every few months or so a promised fix is coming, but it never fixes anything. The badge count was and is still broken.

Itaest9901
Initiate
Initiate

Recently the number of notifications being displayed on the app are in the thousands instead of the current number for the day. I see this has been an ongoing issue and Arlo has yet to issue an update that fixes it. C’mon Arlo…

DenizRoth
Tutor
Tutor

Can we get a fix plz…. Over 2000 notifications

P-J
Tutor
Tutor

This same problem started happening on my Arlo App over one-week ago. Event counter shows in the thousands. I go into it, and it resets to actual events which are correct. I then leave Arlo and the next actual camera event triggers in the thousands again on the Arlo event counter. 

Arlo Secure Version 4.0.1

Apple IOS 16.1.2

Brattymatty
Aspirant
Aspirant

With the latest update, my apple app is showing that I have over 900+ notifications.  When I log in, it has maybe 5 or 6 (the expected amount).  Once I close the app, the notifications go away and come back again.

poteet76
Aspirant
Aspirant

The ap says I have 32,000 notifications but I do not. It won't clear.