Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Badge Notifications not resetting (again...)

krypttic
Luminary
Luminary

The issue with the badge count not resetting has resurfaced again within the past week.  Here is a link the old thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-2/Badge-Notifications-Not-Resetting-AGAIN/m-p/1780354#M45152

175 REPLIES 175
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does this issue still occur with App version 3.6.6?

Thanks 

ScottCan
Star
Star
Hi Shayne,
Yes, I am still seeing the issue. I have updated to app ver 3.6.6 (3417).

Scott
CiscoCisco
Tutor
Tutor

Yup

robwattman
Star
Star
Yes
Keefmac
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm on Original Arlo's, App 3.66 (latest), Samsung S20 phone.
When I view cameras after a notification it won't reset the notification badge count, and when I get to 21 notifications it just stops any more pinging my phone.

Only way to clear the badge is to go into phone menu and clear all notifications.

Is this similar to everyone else?.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue with the iOS Home Screen badge counter should now be resolved. Please make sour you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v3.6.8

777pj777
Star
Star
This was a problem a while ago, but it was fixed. Seems to be back again - push notifications continually increment upwards, so a new notification just adds on to the previous (cleared) notification count.
Muzz105
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the Arlo icon on IOS it shows a number usually in the 100’s, but when you open the app it briefly shows same number but then immediately resets to nothing. If you then exit the app, the same or higher number shows but when opening the app again the same happens. 
The notification number has been like this forever. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of iOS do you have installed on your phone as well as Arlo app version? 

Muzz105
Aspirant
Aspirant

iOS Version 15.6.1

App Version. 3.6.8 (3421)

thanks

Muzz105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was sort of hoping that the last question indicated that you were working on the problem, not just saying there’s nothing we will be able to do!

thanks for nothing

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I sent you a private message Sep 12th requesting further info from you.

Thank you 

Muzz105
Aspirant
Aspirant

And if you read my reply that day the answer was. 

iOS Version 15.6.1

App Version. 3.6.8 (3421)

thanks

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same problem with IOS 16.1 and Arlo 3.8 (3443)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GraemeMitchell

Is this under the Devices tab/device cards badge counter within the Arlo app? 

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

no, its the red counter on the app

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@GraemeMitchell

Can you try removing and re-adding the Arlo Secure app? 

GraemeMitchell
Apprentice
Apprentice

I did and it is the same.  I had 1 new notification on 1 camera and prior to that there was no badge count, now after 1 new notification there is 34 on the badge count 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thanks for the update, I will escalate this now. I'll update the thread as soon as I have more info to share. 

MrBru06
Initiate
Initiate

Badges not working correctly on iPhone 14 Pro Max with latest update.

39CD87B2-858C-4149-81C5-13633B101290.jpeg

A68FA4DD-B9AE-4332-875F-B7E623A56DB8.jpeg

Fhmh
Aspirant
Aspirant

Library high numbers won’t change (4600)

We4stones2
Initiate
Initiate

I have an iPhone using the Arlo Secure app. For the last 3 days, every time I get a notification the app shows have 16,000+ unread notifications. In the past, it would only show the number of actual notifications which is usually about 3 or 4 at time until you open the app to see the new recordings. It's a real pain. There is no app update and I've already tried restarting the device. It's happening to all

AUTX
Star
Star

I have this issue too.

IMG_9531 Medium.jpeg

Kalm
Initiate
Initiate

Over the past week my notification badge count has not been resetting. It's now over 10,244.

When I open the app it initially resets to zero, and then once I exit the app it reverts back to what it was.

In between the problem starting and now, I've updated the App to 4.0 (5175) and the issue persists. iPad OS 16.1.1 and Phone iOS 16.1 - same issue across devices.

The App and cameras aren't much use if I don't know what notifications are phantom and which ones are real.

Divinejules
Initiate
Initiate

As of a couple days ago my notification count is not cumulative instead of just giving the new notifications. I recently did the update on the app also deleted and reinstalled neither of which fixed the issue. Please advise how I can fix this. Thanks