Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
k000
Star
Star

Just got 3 camera set and set it up. I am notcicing that randomly I get the error that "Your device is offline" for the base station, and of course alongwith that cameras show offline. 

Can someone shed some light and suggest what is going on? Clearly its not a issue of camera batteries or Wifi.. as base station which is hardwired is showing the symptoms, any help is appreciated. 

82 REPLIES 82
jayoma
Star
Star

@jguerdatwrote:

A question is whether the base is actually down. Are all 3 LEDs green? If so, it's a display issue which could be solveable at your end but is really a server issue. You can try clearing browser cookies for Arlo or force closing the app and try again.

Yes, as I said above, all 3 LEDs on the base station are green. And given the large number of new threads about this very problem today, I have no doubt it's nothing on my end, or that of any other end user.

I can log into the web app after clearing my cookies/cache/local storage, but the base station is still being reported as offline, and no new videos are being captured.

Annah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes all 3 LED:s are green.
I don’t understand what you mean when you say clear browser cookies for Arlo..?
I have deleted my app on my phone and then I have reinstalled it again so I cannot force close it.
jayoma
Star
Star

@Annah: You only need to worry about clearing your cookies if you access the Arlo app via your web browser; here is the official post on how to do so.

Annah
Aspirant
Aspirant
Okay, sorry I’m doing it true my app in my phone so then I know.
I’m not an it expert I’m just trying to get our cameras to work.
Thank you for your answer.
bdevry
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even though many same post, Netgear support tries to say that since it isn't affecting all users...it must be our equipment....and they will research....frustrating...not all my devices including multiple phones can be having the same issue...they are no help nor do they seem to care.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can say it's working here (Rochester, NY) although not without issues on both the app and browser. Why some have few problems and others are hosed is unknown. Be sure to try both the app and a browser with cookies cleared.. 

jayoma
Star
Star
My base station suddenly came back online and started capturing videos again, at around 5pm MST. Still online an hour and a half later.

I guess Netgear must have fixed something on their end..?

I’ll keep an eye on it. Anyone else’s base station suddenly start working again this evening?
Annah
Aspirant
Aspirant
I couldent wait for it to come back on its own because I bought the cameras for a reason and so I had to restart the base and reload it all over again.
So all my cameras are now working but I don’t think it’s right that you have to do a new installation every third month. If I had bought cheap cameras that didn’t cost me that much I could expect it but these cameras are expensive and I expected them to be better than average......
We have a saying here in Sweden and it’s “Gör om gör rätt” and that’s my advice for netgear......