Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo How safe/secure is the magnetic mount

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kpithiya87
Follower
Follower

Hi,

I am not sure if this has been asked before but I am thinking about getting an Arlo Camera - It will either be the Arlo or Arlo 2 PRO for outdoor use. I want to know more about the magnetic mount.

I understand the camera clips on to the camera but how safe is this from a security point of view? What is there to stop someone from just removing the camera from the magnet? I understand the magnet itself is fitted to the wall, but from the looks of things, there is nothing to fix the camera to the magnet permanently.

I am conscious the camera will be within reaching distance so it can be quite easily removed by a random person.

Thanks in advance.

Keval

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The magnetic mount has nothing that will stop someone from removing it. You can use a short cable withnone end attached with a screw to the building and the other with a short 1/4"-20 bolt (check your local hardware store) into the screw mount for the camera. That won't stop moving the camera but will help prevent theft. Also consider an outdoor camera mount - Amazon has tons. They will screw into the camera but caan still be unscrewed so also use that cable again.