Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
heisian
Guide
Guide

I have geo-fencing enabled such that when I am within the radius, the system should be disarmed. When I get home, the app notifies me that I have entered the geo-fencing area, yet the cameras will still notify me that they detect motion. Broken.

103 REPLIES 103
AntonioG
Guide
Guide

This is just our  AA meeting, nothing it's been done to correct this issue and nothing will be done, I've been a Arlo user for the past 6-7 years and the problem always existed since day one and still does. I opted to mount the cameras where the Geo feature is not need it and install a "REAL/FUNTIONAL" security system for the rest of the property, but of course I went and posted my thoughts about the Arlo's every where you can post a review about the product

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

bfolch02,

What it the issue your are experiencing with your device?

AntonioG
Guide
Guide

The Geo feature doesnt work properly

bfolch02
Guide
Guide

The geofence arming/disarming of my cameras does not work consistently, and never has.  I have an iPhone 8 Plus, running the latest iOS (12.0.1) and am current on all app updates, and my phone is the only phone on the system.  It seems to do a better job lately of detecting when I have left, then detecting my return, but it is hit or miss.