Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

The new version solve some problems but give us at least one new: It crash everytime I try to press the mode tap. Are some of you other experience this?

I have deleted version 2.7.2 and reinstalled it, but the same thing happens. Has Android 8 in a Samsung Galaxy S7.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
74 REPLIES 74
ralfyguy1
Luminary
Luminary

I hope this is gonna get fixed soon...

BBGSXR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here, app closes when switching to mode. Any fixes yet? Seems to be a big issue because I can't seem to set the camera for motion detection
BBGSXR
Aspirant
Aspirant
Lucky you... But the rest of us are having issues... So let us get some answers, please.
Seffer
Initiate
Initiate

What are the fixes for this problem? Just started to happen today.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

have you un-installed and re-installed the app?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Assuming this is for Android, reinstalling hasn't helped me. Sometimes the Mode tab works fine, other times, not so much.

aosteven
Initiate
Initiate

Anyone else having this problem with the Arlo app - Android app ALWAYS crashes when the cameras are running in Schedule mode and I try to select Mode. Non-Schdeule modes usually work fine. I am running Android 8.0 and Arlo Version 2.7.1

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

@aosteven wrote:

Anyone else having this problem with the Arlo app - Android app ALWAYS crashes when the cameras are running in Schedule mode and I try to select Mode. Non-Schdeule modes usually work fine. I am running Android 8.0 and Arlo Version 2.7.1

I don’t use Android, but on iOS, the current version of the Arlo app is 2.7.4.  A good place to start would be to update the app.

aosteven
Initiate
Initiate
Thanks. That was one of first things I did, uninstalled and reinstalled latest from arlo website. Then made sure phone had the latest software and restarted everything. Same issue.
EtheB
Guide
Guide

I'm having the same problems.

Selecting Mode crashes the app 90% of the time.

This problem only started in the past couple of weeks and I very much suspect the Feb update has broken something - at least for some Android users.

Yes - I've logged out & back in; restarted the phone; uninstalled/re-installed - problem remains.

It's still working on the iPad so at least Netgear haven't boken that app yet.

EtheB
Guide
Guide

Same problem. Tried all the same fixes. Reboots. Reinstalls. Cache clears. Hardware restarts.

Was working ok until Feb update.

Sony XZ1C (G8441) Android 8.0.0 build 47.1.A.16.20

App 2.7.2_25500

inieuwoudt
Aspirant
Aspirant

An update of the app in Feb. 2019 crashes on 3 different Android phones. This is when going into 'Mode'. Resetting the router or reinstalling the app gets it to work for around a day sometimes, then fails again. Support informed me Arlo works only with Android 8.11 and up, the phones have 8.00, no updates available. All works fine on desktop, not usable on mobiles. Can I roll back to the old working version?

inieuwoudt
Aspirant
Aspirant

An update of the app in Feb. 2019 crashes on 3 different Android phones. This is when going into 'Mode'. Resetting the router or reinstalling the app gets it to work for around a day sometimes, then fails again. Support informed me Arlo works only with Android 8.11 and up, the phones have 8.00, no updates available. All works fine on desktop, not usable on mobiles. Can I roll back to the old working version?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Not from Arlo, tho there are some android sites that carry prev version on the web

You take the chance ...

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type=app_release&searchtype=apk&s=arlo

Morse is faster than texting!
Sveinolse
Luminary
Luminary

@ShayneS wrote:

@Sveinolse

That is great to hear! let us know if you have any further questions.

To support Case # 40727401

I have sent a message to support if there is any newer fix on the way. For there are several of us now who are incredibly impatient.

---Svein Olsen, Oslo, Norway---
(...and I hope Google translater do it well...!)
Nighthawk117
Star
Star

After the last update every time i go to my MODE tab the android app crashes, no matter how long i wait.   If i restart app and quickly click mode sometimes i have enough time to change one of my base stations back to active.    Also i have a schedule setup and on the APP sometimes it showes the wrong mode or says disarmed with a clock by it even though on laptop it shows armed.

happyboy234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too am having this same issue since the last update to Version 2.7.2_25500

EdwardC
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. So frustrating. Seem like after last update this starting happening. Uninstalled app 6 times doesn't work. Doesn't Arlo have a phone number for tech support?
Joseph1418
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have had the problem with mode crashing my the app. I was waiting for an app update but it is taking way too long for that. I contacted support and they reported to me that this is an issue that several customers are experiencing.

Is it too much to ask for Arlo to at least send out a notice to all their customers regarding this issue. It would save people a lot of troubleshooting hassle / wasted time to try and fix something that even arlo can't fix at this point. This is one of the main reasons why I am not paying for an Arlo subscription. I want a subscription but I said to myself that they have to be problem free for a minimum of 3 months before I do that. I guess that is an impossible task.

I have simple schedules set up with cameras/lights and I also have door bells.

My problem was experienced on the app version 2.7.2_25550 on my Galaxy S7, and Razer Phone 2 with both android 8, 8.1, and 9.

I guess it could be worse, I could have gone with Nest or Ring. So at least I don't have Amazon or Google snooping on me. lol.

modsrm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same issue and for me the problem is that I am using Schedule mode but the timezone of the base station was wrong.
So go into Devices, then Base Station and make sure the Time Zone is your actual timezone.

Netgear must have some QA issues if the wong timezone makes Schedule mode crash.

Hopefully this helps someone!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nice guess, but, nope. I have the occasional problem but my time zone has always been set properly. In fact, I just checked my time zone (it's correct) and then went to Mode - the app crashed.

EtheB
Guide
Guide

Yes - same.

Time zone checked ok. Still crashing.

RickyJKroeger
Guide
Guide
Same for me on both of our android phones
RickyJKroeger
Guide
Guide
It started happening to me right after selecting the days and times when I want it to be armed and disarmed.
modsrm
Aspirant
Aspirant
I spoke too soon. It s happening again 😞