Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Door bell won't connect to wi-fi or base.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
AB2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
Just opened a brand new avd2001 doorbell and can't get it to connect to wi-fi or base. It goes through everything, scans the QR code and flashes white leds then turns red and app says it can't connect. I've tried other suggestions in other threads such as resetting the base and doorbell with no luck. Any suggestions?
9 REPLIES 9
AB2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also firmware doesn't show any updates available.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AB2015 wrote:
Just opened a brand new avd2001 doorbell and can't get it to connect to wi-fi or base.

You can't pair it with a base yet - Arlo says they are adding that feature, but haven't said when.

Of course you do need to be careful to type the SSID/Network name and passphrase correctly (both are case sensitive).

If you have unusual characters in either of those, you might try changing them.

AB2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've reset the doorbell and base twice.
AB2015
Aspirant
Aspirant
Should it connect to my wi-fi? I'm ok with it not pairing with the base. It finds my router when I try to add it and I've put the correct password in multiple times but it continues not to accept it.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AB2015 wrote:
Should it connect to my wi-fi? 

Yes.  

Is there something unusual in your network name or passphrase?

Criswood
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same exact issue. Both of mine stopped working last week and I cannot get either to connect to wifi even after checking w/Arlo support. It goes through and says its connected to wifi and then at the very end it says it is still disconnected. At a loss here. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Criswood,

Could you provide more details? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken? Where are you seeing it say it's disconnected?

JamesC

KeithJonesIT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation