Arlo wireless door bell overheating

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Harro71
Follower
Follower

We have just installed the Arlo wireless doorbell in the last 2 weeks and it’s saying it’s off line due to overheating. 
It seems to still record people coming and going but it’s definitely not hot and not located in a hot area either? 
Any suggestions?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The firmware update 1.4.2_724_f1888a8 has been released. This should help with the symptom you are experiencing. Please let me know if you are still seeing this issue after your device has updated. 

Thank you 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

If removing and reinstalling the doorbell in your account doesn't help, the fastest thing to do is to swap at the store.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Harro71 

The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

kimlawson
Aspirant
Aspirant

My wired door bell has a high temperature warning on the device screen. I’ve removed it but not done the factory reset. 

MikeLee2024
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have some issue two time in two months. We touch the doorbell it is not hot at all.

First time wait one night and it back to normal

Second time just a few days ago, but it take two days to  back to normal.

Please advise if it is some defect on my door bell

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The firmware update 1.4.2_724_f1888a8 has been released. This should help with the symptom you are experiencing. Please let me know if you are still seeing this issue after your device has updated. 

Thank you