Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sierra49
Tutor
Tutor

I just installed a new 2nd Gen Doorbell using the wires for the standard doorbell for power.  Everything works properly but I notice that it no longer rings the standard doorbell in my home.  Is there an option to have the Arlo doorbell ring my standard doorbell ringer as well as ringing on my iPhone? 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sierra49 wrote:

I just installed a new 2nd Gen Doorbell using the wires for the standard doorbell for power.  Everything works properly but I notice that it no longer rings the standard doorbell in my home.  Is there an option to have the Arlo doorbell ring my standard doorbell ringer as well as ringing on my iPhone? 

It should be doing that.  

During on-boarding, did you see prompts for a traditional chime?

Sierra49
Tutor
Tutor

I originally installed my doorbell with only batter power.  I then decided to move the doorbell from my front door to the doorbell position.  Hence, I did not see the prompt you mention for a traditional chime.  How do I now add this option?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sierra49 wrote:

I originally installed my doorbell with only batter power.  I then decided to move the doorbell from my front door to the doorbell position.  Hence, I did not see the prompt you mention for a traditional chime.  How do I now add this option?

Not sure on the 2nd gen.  But I think you will need to remove it from your account, and then add it back.

I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC , @BrookeN , @ShayneS ) so they can assist.

Sierra49
Tutor
Tutor

I'm definitely disappointed in Arlo's customer service! 

As suggested I removed my 2nd Gen doorbell from my App and then went to reinstall it.  It failed 4 times despite recognizing my Wifi internet and indicating a strong signal.  Let me note that it worked just fine (other than not operating my traditional doorbell ringer) before AND I have 3 other 2nd Gen Arlo cameras all working properly on the same Verizon Wifi.

After failing to reinstall 4x, I called the Arlo Customer Support indicated on their Installation App.  Over the course of an hour and a 1/2, they basically had me do exactly that same thing I had done 4x before by myself and following the same instructions they already have in their Installation App.  In other words they provided no new information and also failed in getting the doorbell to connect and wasted 90 minutes of my time.  At the end, the Arlo guy said he would speak to his tech staff and get back to me.  HE HAS NOT!

If I don't get a call from someone at Arlo who knows what they are doing and gets this doorbell working properly I will return it AND the 3 other cameras.  Arlo should also think about moving their Customer Support to the UNITED STATES instead of India!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you've removed the doorbell from the account, you may need to factory reset it following these instructions: https://kb.arlo.com/000062934/How-do-I-reset-my-Arlo-Essential-Video-Doorbell-Arlo-Secure-4-0

It's important to make sure the doorbell is charged before attempting to factory reset to ensure the process is completed successfully. 

When re-onboarding, make sure to follow the instructions for installing in the wired configuration: https://kb.arlo.com/000063169/How-do-I-install-mount-and-hard-wire-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell-2nd-Genera...

Once the doorbell is installed, you can make adjustments for chime settings within the doorbell settings if needed: https://kb.arlo.com/000062350/How-do-I-change-the-chime-that-my-Arlo-Video-Doorbell-triggers

JamesC

Sierra49
Tutor
Tutor

I reset the doorbell and tried 4 more times to get it to connect to my wifi.  It failed every time.  One time is generated an error code 1120. 

Again, note that I have 3 other 2nd Gen Arlo cameras working properly on this wifi and even this doorbell was connected properly before I removed it from my account in order to get the traditional door bell chime to work. 

Time replace this defective doorbell. 

Sierra49
Tutor
Tutor

I received this email this morning. 

Topic: Can I get my 2nd Gen Arlo Doorbell to also ring the my standard home doorbell?
Date: 2024-01-29 03:47 PM

Did it solve your problem?

Click here to view the reply and mark one as an Accepted Solution.

This helps others find helpful answers in the community too!

Let me be clear.  NO THE PROBLEM IS NOT SOLVED!  ARLO CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A TOTAL JOKE!  I have done everything requested of me and wasted at least 2 hours and still the doorbell will not connect.  On top of that, I have twice been told they would call me back when their so-called expert could not solve the problem.  They have not called me back either time. And, they keep saying, "give us one more chance" instead of just replacing the defective doorbellONE THING IS FOR DAMN SURE.  THEY NEED TO GET TO CUSTOMER SUPPORT BACK IN THE US AND OUT OF INDIA!!!