Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Good morning all, unfortunately I am also starting to have issues again. The issue is not happening all the time but it has started around December 26 for me.  I won't receive any smart notifications from motion triggered within our activity zones where it normally works completely fine. Example, on December 26 an Amazon delivery person walked down my driveway to put a package at my backdoor but I did not receive any smart notifications from the driveway camera when they were walking down the driveway to deliver it or when they left (I should have received two person notifications).  On a second example, last night someone came to our front door where we always receive a person smart notification from our front yard camera did not receive any smart notification or no recording in the library.

I have opened case #41359733 today, emailed Mark from L3 Arlo support who helped me a few weeks ago with beta testing the new base station and camera firmware and tweeted a direct message to the Arlo CEO Mark a well all this morning in hopes of raising awareness to resolve sooner than later.

Lastly, I believe more Arlo camera owners out there are having issues but just are not noticing it because it is sporadic for me.  So if Arlo owners are not paying 100% attention they may not notice they are not receiving all the notifications and recordings missing from the libraries.  Lastly, I believe I read someone else posted on this forum their issues started occurring on December 25 and they stopped receiving all notifications and nothing is being recorded in their library :(.

@JamesC could you please make sure your connections at Arlo are aware please.

thank you all,

175 REPLIES 175
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
I'd like to update that since yesterday motion recording on my Three ultra and two pro2 cameras works just amazing! Since i own cameras now Motion field of view is just perfect!
Arlo please don't change anything Of this what u did and please make backups before you send out firmware updates to everyone 😄 !
PS haven't tested local sd card motion and recordings
Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
I can report that my cameras still do not notify or save videos on the cloud that are on local storage. These occur randomly, and frequently, at least 4 times in the last 2 hours.
Probably silence from Arlo because it is not fixed.
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Phoney49 , one important note I just found out which I wasn’t aware of is that the local recordings to the SD card record all the motion events from within the field of view of the camera.  While the recordings in our library/cloud only record motion activity within our defined activity zones (if you have activity zones set up on your cameras).  

So, it is not fair comparison for us to compare the number of recordings on the SD card vs the number of recordings in our cloud library if you are using activity zones. . Not sure if you are aware of this too.

Thank you!!!

Phoney49
Luminary
Luminary
Right, that is what activity zones are for. Unfortunately my system is failing to notify me about people, animals and vehicles that are moving through my activity zones. This is bad news for security cameras, and hopefully Arlo will tell us about a fix soon.
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Quote. #4135
Hi @Phoney49 , one important note I just found out which I wasn’t aware of is that the local recordings to the SD card record all the motion events from within the field of view of the camera. Maybe this happens on your cameras but not on mine I am simply missing things in my activity Zone from the cloud
LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

Add a new one, for me anyway. Last evening a driveway camera was triggered twice by a person with no notification or video in the cloud.  The strange thing is it shows on the SD card but only as a snapshot, no video.  Video shows as 0 sec.

Nathan-aus
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am still having missed recordings/notifications. I do not believe the issue has been resolved. 

JJAdV
Apprentice
Apprentice

I havent got any recordings locally from the base to show up for nearly a week. Basically doesn't work at all now.

rgschmidt
Guide
Guide

rgschmidt
rgschmidt Tutor
Tutor
‎2020-01-05 09:35 AM
About 2-3 weeks ago for no reason my cameras became unreliable on sensing motion and recording. I can be sitting in my house when someone arrives or leaves and I get no detection from either camera sometimes. One is placed at the front door and the other is on the garage monitoring the driveway. I have an awesome WiFi setup and both cameras are receiving great signals. I have changed nothing in my settings and both cameras are set at maximum sensitivity. This has just happened for no reason at all and have become very unreliable. I noticed there was a recent update on the base unit. Does anyone know if that is the root of the problem. Also since this update my solar panel sometimes charges and sometimes doesn’t. I have the panel on only one unit. ( garage ) This needs to be fixed. Very high dollar useless system right now.
Model: VMS5240 | Arlo Ultra 2 Camera Kit
Labels:
Troubleshooting
Jankovichs
Apprentice
Apprentice
Noticing that still missing videos in library
jspuds
Tutor
Tutor

I'm sorry I didn't check this forum before now as I contacted support on the 31st Dec (who got me to reset my base station and it made no difference) with the same issue and they arranged a RMA of the base unit.  Seems like the RMA will be a waste of time.  

Bigcitynl
Star
Star
This is still a problem. Alexa will say "motion detected on the driveway" but I get no notifications are video recording. This a sporadic and intermittent problem. Pretty scary for my wife who works from home.
findonsa
Guide
Guide
After a couple of good days something weird happened today. One of my three cameras went completely silent for seven hours, no notifications no recordings (even on the SD card). My other two cameras were working fine. After I noticed it I turned it off for a little while and after turning it on it is now working fine again.

Has anyone had this happening to them before?
Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Make no mistake this not been fixed. This morning pulled my car out of the driveway . Motion detected on sd card. No motion detected from cloud.
Xian65
Tutor
Tutor
Yep, same for me. The preview in the app even shows my car in it with a local recording, nothing in the cloud and no Vehicle alert. I even have to sit there for a while as my garage opens so it has ample time to detect it as a vehicle
rgschmidt
Guide
Guide
I have not yet contacted arlo yet. Was trying to find and answer through the community. Sounds mostly like it’s an arlo issue and I’m screwed with an overpriced security system that they want you to pay for extra monthly features that don’t even work. They need to fix there stuff and not charge anything xtra until they do or remove there expensive cameras from the market. I have 3 blink cameras that work flawlessly. I thought that I was making a huge upgrade to arlo instead a made a huge downgrade. There system is a discrace and we should all be compensated in some way for this. I’m so tired of buying what I think is the best only to be disappointed.
rferrara
Guide
Guide

I stumbled upon this post yesterday and have noticed this as well.  It seems to be a sporadic issue since my ultra by the back door saw me going out this morning and sanding my driveway, but it did not capture my son taking the dog out this morning.  Normally I would think he was just b.s.ing me but he was very adamant and this wasn't the first time. I also reviewed other videos from @ 5-6am and they only recorded 0-1 second.....makes me wonder how much i might have been missing

Johnny290
Mentor
Mentor
Just pulled out of my driveway no notifications nothing on the cloud. But the event is on my SD card only
n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Johnny290 

What helped me to get to working again I believe was deleting my activity zones and adding them back.

thanks!

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @rferrara 

please try deleting and re-programming your activity zones.  I believe that’s what fixed me!

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Xian65 

Please try deleting your activity zones and re-programming them.  I believe that is what helped me!

thanks,

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

hi @rgschmidt 

Please try deleting your activity zones and re-programming them.  I believe that is what helped me!

thanks,

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @findonsa I myself have not had that issue but if you are still having issues with sporadic missing cloud/library recordings and missing smart notifications.

thanks,

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Jankovichs 

thanks,

n1976jmk
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi @Nathan-aus 

Please try deleting your activity zones and re-programming them.  I believe that is what helped me!  I’ve been working about for about 5 days now.

thanks,