Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
SuperZwu
Star
Star

I already posted this issue after the last firmware update but since the issue remains the same for me even I'm running the latest firmware (1.12.3.2_134_185068d) and no joke but Arlo's system to track support tickets is just crap!

Again my issue:

I don't get any notifications on any of my devices (iPad, iPhoneX) even I completely deleted the app and re-installed it according to Arlo's support steps (offloading ...)

The motion detection is working perfectly - if the system is armed and I walk by a cam and then check the Arlo App I can see the still picture of myself for each of the cams but there are no recordings showing up in the library and much worse - I don't get a push notification!

Please HELP!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should now be resolved. If you're still experiencing this issue, please contact the Support Team. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
fly71
Guide
Guide
I have the same problem, I don’t get any notification anymore. I uninstalled the old Arlo App and installed the new one.
Please solve this problem asap!
Nick-Nickel
Star
Star

The same with me.
The Pushmail you get only when you open app.

SuperZwu
Star
Star

I already posted this issue after the last firmware update but since the issue remains the same for me even I'm running the latest firmware (1.12.3.2_134_185068d) and no joke but Arlo's system to track support tickets is just crap!

Again my issue:

I don't get any notifications on any of my devices (iPad, iPhoneX) even I completely deleted the app and re-installed it according to Arlo's support steps (offloading ...)

The motion detection is working perfectly - if the system is armed and I walk by a cam and then check the Arlo App I can see the still picture of myself for each of the cams but there are no recordings showing up in the library and much worse - I don't get a push notification!

Please HELP!!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

If you are running OS 13 then this is a known bug (which Arlo will fix).

SuperZwu
Star
Star
I am NOT running iOS13!
Still on iOS12 and still no notifications!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If you're running iOS 12 but not receiving push notifications on the new Arlo app (not legacy app), try to check your notification settings to be sure that the push notifications is turned on. You can do this by going to iPhone settings > Arlo > Notifications. If this is already on, try toggling it off and on. If the issue persists, try to reboot your iOS device to see if that helps.

Otherwise, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

SuperZwu
Star
Star
Ok I will do that all over again ... did the whole procedure already 1-2x

Maybe I’ll have more luck this time and hopefully the support issue tracking is working at all...
alelas
Guide
Guide
I am not receiving push notifications/emails for motion detection for over a month now. In my case is not related to the new app.
I did everything such as factory reset, created a new account, tried on different mobiles, removing and adding cameras, reinstalling app, changing location, mute and unmute notifications, disallow/allow notification on iphone for arlo app.
Nothing helped. I am having this issue since I first muted notifications for 30 min. over a month ago.
If you have not used this feature yet, I recommend not to, until arlo come up with a solution on this.
fly71
Guide
Guide
I also have the problem not getting notifications anymore since a while. I could not find out since when exactly I have this problem. But now I remember also using this mute notifications once and it can be not been working since then.
@Arlo: Focus on this function for this Issue and fix this problem asap.
SuperZwu
Star
Star

For me it's a similar story - my notifications disappeared right at a Firmware upgrade (not the App!)

I can't remember if I also used the "mute" function but it's possible - anyway Arlo came out with a new firmware that fixes that issue they said but it didn't for me.

Now I'm here, with the latest Arlo App, the latest firmware and a camera system for >1k and no notifications ... @Arlo please fix this ASAP!!!

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Our development team is aware about users not receiving push notifications from their Arlo Ultra and is investigating the issue. We appreciate your patience and understanding about this and will provide any update as soon as we have more information to share.

fly71
Guide
Guide
With me it’s not an Ultra but an Arlo Pro 2 im having this problem. So it’s seems to be an general problem.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi fly71,

What phone device are you using? And what version are you running for the new Arlo app?

fly71
Guide
Guide
iPhone X with iOS 13 and the new Arlo App 2.8(909)
SuperZwu
Star
Star

IPhone X on iOS 12.4.1 with the Arlo App 2.8(909)

and

iPadPro on iOS 13 with Arlo 2.8(909)

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

fly71 and SuperZwu,

For push notifications not working on iOS 13, our development team is aware about this issue. You can check this thread: Arlo App Version 2.8 Notification Issues with iOS 13.1 Beta 2

SuperZwu,

For not receiving push notifications from your Arlo Ultra camera, I have mentioned above that the development team is aware and is looking into the issue. When we hear any new information or update, we will be sure to update the community. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

SuperZwu
Star
Star

@JessicaP - I hear what you say and again I want to mention that I would offer to install any beta-firmware or do more trial'n-error stuff if that helps your developers to find the issue here more quickly!

I'm a software developer by my own since around 20 years and I absolutely KNOW that some bugs are a pain to find especially if you can't reproduce them on your own developers-desk ... 

That's all that's it from my side 🙂

If you still have any other questions feel free to send me a message, PM, eMail or whatsoever

SuperZwu
Star
Star
Any updates here?
I just wanted to add that the notifications for leaving/entering the Geofencing Zone are working flawlessly
glennman
Tutor
Tutor
Same on IOS13! Maybe I Just didn’t notice it on iOS 12. Been thinking about getting my folks an Ultra system but the older reliable Arlo 2 or Netatmo competitor is looking better everyday and I don’t have monthly fees with Netatmo! I don’t intend to climb a tree all the time to resync. Who has time for this?
SuperZwu
Star
Star

!!! BREAKING NEWS - NOTIFICATIONS WORKING AGAIN !!!

Good day folks - I was close to sell all my Ultras and buy something else but then I decided to step back to START and give it my very last try.

I factory reset my base station and created a completely NEW Arlo account for another eMail I own. Then I connected all the devices step-by-step again .... still not notifications ....

Well I thought now all hope is lost and was near to giving up forever but then the advertisement for the „1 month free Arlo Premier“ subscription popped up and I decided to give this a try (although another user here reported he actually is on the subscription plan and suffer the same issues) ... anyway ...

Now guess what - yes you‘re right - all notifications started to work instantly as they have been when I bought the system (and NO I didn‘t had that subscription back then)!

Actually my plan was to have NO subscription and I‘ll check if the notifications are vanishing again after that month but @JessicaP this information might be VERY interesting for the developers 🙂 

It seems the issue is related to not having a subscription (and maybe also to the location as I‘ve noticed the many of us having this issue are located outside of the US - for me its Austria)

Hope the others having that issue will find this information and it‘s helping them a little 🙂

alelas
Guide
Guide

@JessicaP  

Can you please talk to the guys at arlo to provide me with the arlo premier subscription to see if this fix the issue until they fix the problem?

It's been two months already without notifications for motion detection. I will really appreciate it.

Just like @SuperZwu I created a new account with new email and performed factory reset among other things and I prefer not to go over all this again.

StephenDL
Initiate
Initiate

Unfortunately my notifications from my bell worked, but no call when you press the bell. The Ultra cameras saw motion but no message. This is a security system so cannot rely on something that doesn't work reliably so unfortunately returned the whole system for money back. Might try again one day if it ever becomes stable and I haven't purchased something else - but what peace of mind do people have when a security system relies on developers playing catch up and things taking months to sort out?

glennman
Tutor
Tutor
I am having reliability issues with My Ultra too. Seems I have to resync it with base from time to time. And the detection distance is quite short. Yes it will detect someone when they are close enough to throw a bat at the camera! And the notification has such a delay. And wifi signal strength is strong which shouldn’t affect detection range anyway. This is not a hobby application. I bought it to rely on it to protect my family. Am giving Arlo 1 mth to make the Ultra reliable. A shame as my Pro 2 and Pro seem fine.
glennman
Tutor
Tutor
I have the same problem intermittently. Strangely, when I Also invoked Email notifications, I’d get those but nothing in the library or alerts on the app.
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation