Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
prj32
Initiate
Initiate
Geofencing has always had temperamental issues, but TBH it has been stable for the last few months. Since the introduction of new 2.9.1 App replacing legacy 2.7.15 App, geofencing has been stuck on home mode regardless of iPhone (iOS 12.4.x and 13.1.x) location (2 x iPhones). I have confirmed IOS Location services are Always On and independent Arlo accounts are used, however state is locked. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro/Geofencing-not-working-with-new-Arlo-app/td-p/1724817 has described using ITFFF to resolve however reluctant to pass over camera control to another 3rd party. Any others experience or have solution?

Thanks

Hardware:VMB5000r4
Firmware:1.12.3.2_134_185068d
2 x Ultra
34 REPLIES 34
Sparky7
Guide
Guide
Edit to add we're not using homekit just the app
VictorJetz
Guide
Guide
I have also tried adjusting the range from small, medium and large but the issues continue. Next stop...ebay!
SillySam
Apprentice
Apprentice
Here to say Good Job Arlo.. I have just finished up filing a complaint with BBB the more of us who do this will likely get a faster fix or at best our money back. This would be unacceptable with a security company you pay monthly so why should Arlo be any different. They need to be Held accountable for what we pay for as well as the product and service.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A new version of the Arlo mobile app for iOS is now available resolving several issues with Geofencing, please make sure you have the latest version of the mobile app installed and take a look at the release notes here: Arlo iOS App - 2.12 - 13th December 2019

JamesC

TheBoys7885
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks heaps Arlo! Seems to be working well again! Love the new update that keeps your music playing too!
punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

Thanks James for the update. Great to hear that Arlo have finally sorted this out.

But the update also states: 

"Direct Storage Access (requires SmartHub and a third-party storage device): Advanced users can access recordings saved locally to their SmartHub directly within the Arlo app. Enable Direct Storage Access in SmartHub Settings > Storage Settings."

I don't see this option in the latest version of the app.

punchbuggy
Guide
Guide

Belay my last post. Just read what was added to the release post. Damn! I thought that'd make a nice Christmas present to many here.

TheBoys7885
Tutor
Tutor
Seems to be an option on my iOS settings, you have to go to my devices and into the base station then storage options, mine is shaded out but I am assuming it would be until you install a compatible storage device
punchbuggy
Guide
Guide
Interesting. I don’t have that option - shaded out or otherwise.
Sparky7
Guide
Guide
Appears that the update has got geofencing working again for us. As for the storage options my hard drive is showing connected etc. Maybe I'm missing the point on what you guys are saying lol