Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working with new Arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:

Geofencing function is inoperative after downloading new Arlo app. Had two devices enabled and armed in Away mode and Unarmed (Scheduled) in Home mode, never a proble. Enabled device is home but in armed mode with new Arlo app.

Downloaded the new Arlo app as instructed because the legacy app will no longer be supported. Using iPhone 7, v 12.4.1. Deleted legacy app, reinstalled new Arlo app, rebooted iPhone, reset Arlo base station, disabled second iPhone to make sure that wasn’t contributing to the problem. Still armed whether the enabled device is in the Home area...

HELP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found a solution from another user in an older thread! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

I uninstalled the new Arlo app and reinstalled the legacy app and still have the same problem - when my activated device (iPhone 7, v 12.4.1) is at home geofencing says it is in the Away mode. So it is armed all the time, and I cannot find any way to correct this.

crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

Found a solution from another user in an older thread! 

robertgc
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem. The new app dont work. What is the solution?

crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

I thanked the earlier poster for the solution but didn’t save his/her name or the post. 

But go into “Mode”, select the current mode, then select the edit pencil for geofencing. Touch your location to set the geo-pointer correctly to your location. Be sure your address is also correct under the “Radius” selector, if not correct that. Then select “SAVE” and “DONE”. 

crmoores
Aspirant
Aspirant

From brookeb12 earlier this year

Download two apps to your smartphone: Life360 and IFTTT (If this, then that). Everyone in your home should join your family circle on Life360. Then go to IFTTT and set up "IF" 'last family member leaves Family - Home, "THEN" arm Arlo'. AND set up "IF" 'First person arrives at home "THEN" disarm Arlo'. I have also set up the IFTTT to work with my arlo on a schedule (so from midnight to 5am I want it set), and it works then too. 

Again, this is a workaround, but it works and have saved me from the frustration that my expensive Arlo system isn't working. It's not anything Arlo endorses, I'm sure, but hell, their system isn't functioning up to par. 

On a side note, the Life360 app is a little creepy, as it lets you track your family members. If this isn't your intent, as it wasn't mine, turn off all the alerts, like "John's cell battery is low", or "John is on the move approaching South Blvd". It's less creepy when you forget you can check in on your family. Smiley Happy