Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Yestanters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am having issues with my system.  The cameras send me a notification to my phone about a recording.  However, when I jump into the app and go to the library, the video is not there.  It takes quite a long time (at least 4 mins - I have timed it) for the video to appear.  I find this really frustrating and defeats the purpose of having the cameras.  If something has occurred outside, I can't view it for at least 4 minutes and by that time the animal or person is long gone.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yestanters,

The video will only arrive in your library once the camera has finished detecting motion and the recording is complete. The longer the recording is, the longer it will take to arrive in the library. If you would like the recording to arrive faster, try reducing the length of each clip.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yestanters,

The video will only arrive in your library once the camera has finished detecting motion and the recording is complete. The longer the recording is, the longer it will take to arrive in the library. If you would like the recording to arrive faster, try reducing the length of each clip.

JamesC

Yestanters
Aspirant
Aspirant

Solution works.

Regards,

Yestanters

ttrockstars

Johnsemi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got a notification over an hour ago but the video still hasn’t shown up. Other cameras have notified and added videos to the library since then too. I’d contact support but I can’t find any way to do that on the app or website...
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Johnsemi wrote:
I’d contact support but I can’t find any way to do that on the app or website...

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Johnsemi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks! I found it later on the desktop site but it’s well hidden on the mobile version.
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation