Arlo iOS Mobile App version 2.12
This release supports the following NEW FEATURES:
Assistant PIN: Arm and disarm Arlo SmartHubs and base stations via verbal commands to voice assistants, starting with Alexa-powered devices. To setup Assistant PIN, go to Settings > Profile > Assistant PIN. (Base stations and SmartHubs supported: VMB3000, VMB3500, VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540, and VMB5000).
Direct Storage Access (requires SmartHub and a third-party storage device): Advanced users can access recordings saved locally to their SmartHub directly within the Arlo app. Enable Direct Storage Access in SmartHub Settings > Storage Settings. (Note - router configuration may be required for accessing clips outside the home. VMB4540 or VMB5000 required.)
Additional bug fixes and performance improvements include:
- Geofencing should function more reliably for most users
- Audio from other apps will continue to play when the Arlo app is opened
- Missed doorbell calls appear in the system phone call history
- Arlo Video Doorbell : The currently connected Wi-Fi SSID on your iOS device is populated when onboarding the doorbell (2.4Ghz SSID is required)
- Other general stability and performance improvements
Thanks James. To clarify for everyone, Assistant PIN and Direct Storage Access are upcoming features that will be rolling out to users shortly.
We’ll post additional updates in the community when these are live.