Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
kingcuongo
Tutor
Tutor

I bought a 2 security light kit that includes the bridge.  I sucessfully setup and updated the firmware to the latest version.  However, I am unsuccessful when trying to sync either security light.  Both the bridge and light flash blue during the setup process.  The light flashes green 3 times, indicating a sucessful sync, but the app does not update and eventually gives a "No Arlo devices found" error.  I have tried removing the bridge from my account to set it up again, factory reset the bridge to set it up again, and relocating the bridge to different outlets.  

What's the issue here: the bridge, both security lights, or my andriod app?

11 REPLIES 11
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a server issue that may be causing this (https://status.arlo.com/). Try again later/tomorrow.

kingcuongo
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks I'll update this thread after trying again tomorrow.
Warpoet
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue. Have reinstalled Bridge and tried syncing lights 8 times.
IHateMyNeighbor
Guide
Guide
I have tried a number of times to connect my lights. I have reset both devices a number of times also. I go from pairing to green LEDs being lit then the app keeps trying to discover where it inevitably says ERROR. screenshot to show along with post. I have 9 lights that are re now offline because of the bridge reset and I can't get any back online. I really wish these things had local access via wifi network when your servers go down... this is annoying. I really shouldn't have to use the app to connect them.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Is anyone in this thread still experiencing this issue? Were you able to successfully sync your lights?

JamesC

kingcuongo
Tutor
Tutor
James, I tried 5 mins ago and was able to successfully connect my security light. Thanks for the follow-up!
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kingcuongo,

Great! Thanks for confirming.

JamesC

IHateMyNeighbor
Guide
Guide
Even with tech support. There is alot that needs to be done to fix the pairing of bridges and lights. One in particular was outdated and tech had to beam out a force update. The app frequently fails to agree that lights are paired successfully. Meaning they pair, app says theres a problem you have to close the app and open it again to find the pair was 75% of the time successfully done. Other 25% you end up with a serial number for a name and it says its offline and requires removal and re-pairing.
IHateMyNeighbor
Guide
Guide
Second screen shot, seems you can only upload 1 image per post
Alextheangel
Initiate
Initiate

I just bought this, and have same issue, try to contact support over phone, being told it is bad light need to get replacement. What really shocked me is they ask me to pay the shipment for the replacement. And I said no, eventurlly "waived" the shipment charge for me. But now it worries me that that is their "warranty" is actually ask customer pay for shipment . Back in days of Netgear, they don't do that.

And also how unknowledgable the lady who answered my phone call. 

IHateMyNeighbor
Guide
Guide
So... yea just call them and tell them its not right. If they have a defective product. In my experience they try to pull one over on you. But when you call them out on it they usually take care of you. But yeah ive replaced a few. And so far im better off now. Biggest pain is the very lengthy troubleshooting steps. Many times its try this and wait 3 days then try that wait 3 days... very long and drawn out. But, they have taken care of my issues... these lights have the worst pairing setup ive ever seen in anything ever! Its like they tried to make it easy... but failed hard core. What really gets me is when one goes offline and you have to repair which involves getting a ladder pulling the battery out and trying to get the QR code without moving my mount around and having to reset its position again... but so far, once paired and my internet is solid now (used to have a bad router no good with plaster walls) got me an orbi and 2 satellites and so far, very few problems. Now its a matter of living in the city with alot of surrounding wifi interferences. Anyway im rambling. Once you get it hooked up. If your router is solid and your speeds are good then youll be fine.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation