Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Security Light not syncing with Bridge

I bought a 2 security light kit that includes the bridge.  I sucessfully setup and updated the firmware to the latest version.  However, I am unsuccessful when trying to sync either security light.  Both the bridge and light flash blue during the setup process.  The light flashes green 3 times, indicating a sucessful sync, but the app does not update and eventually gives a "No Arlo devices found" error.  I have tried removing the bridge from my account to set it up again, factory reset the bridge to set it up again, and relocating the bridge to different outlets.  

What's the issue here: the bridge, both security lights, or my andriod app?

Model: ALS1101 | Arlo Security Light
Message 1 of 10
Guru

Re: Security Light not syncing with Bridge

There's a server issue that may be causing this (https://status.arlo.com/). Try again later/tomorrow.

Message 2 of 10
Aspirant

Thanks I'll update this thread after trying again tomorrow.
Message 3 of 10
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. Have reinstalled Bridge and tried syncing lights 8 times.
Message 4 of 10
Highlighted

5/14/2019 Security Lights Won't connect, app crashes

I have tried a number of times to connect my lights. I have reset both devices a number of times also. I go from pairing to green LEDs being lit then the app keeps trying to discover where it inevitably says ERROR. screenshot to show along with post. I have 9 lights that are re now offline because of the bridge reset and I can't get any back online. I really wish these things had local access via wifi network when your servers go down... this is annoying. I really shouldn't have to use the app to connect them.
Message 5 of 10
Community Manager

Is anyone in this thread still experiencing this issue? Were you able to successfully sync your lights?

JamesC

Message 6 of 10
Aspirant

James, I tried 5 mins ago and was able to successfully connect my security light. Thanks for the follow-up!
Message 7 of 10
Community Manager

kingcuongo,

Great! Thanks for confirming.

JamesC

Message 8 of 10

Even with tech support. There is alot that needs to be done to fix the pairing of bridges and lights. One in particular was outdated and tech had to beam out a force update. The app frequently fails to agree that lights are paired successfully. Meaning they pair, app says theres a problem you have to close the app and open it again to find the pair was 75% of the time successfully done. Other 25% you end up with a serial number for a name and it says its offline and requires removal and re-pairing.
Message 9 of 10

Second screen shot, seems you can only upload 1 image per post
Message 10 of 10