Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
brad_lewis
Tutor
Tutor

When trying to set up geofenceing there is No devices listed under available devices, how ever under setting privacy settings there are three devices listed. How to I get them across?

251 REPLIES 251
DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN , thanks for your help on my issue! I was able to re-add the geofencing automations.

However, when I got home today my cameras did not disable. It appears that my old iPhone re-appeared again in Privacy Center, as I mentioned in my previous thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Geofencing-not-working-after-iPhone-upgrade-old-device-kee...

I'll continue the discussion in that thread.

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN ,

Continuing the discussion from the geofencing thread: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/No-geofence-devices-listed/m-p/2079854#M7694

I arrived home today and my cameras did not disable. It appears that my old iPhone appeared again in Privacy Center.

I should note that the "old" device was labeled "iPhone 15 Pro", which is actually what my new device is. When I had gotten my new device, I had labeled it as "iPhone 15 Pro" in Arlo Secure.

I suspect that because I did a device-to-device transfer from my old iPhone to my new iPhone (a feature in more recent iOS releases), rather than restoring from a backup, the device id may have gotten messed up in Arlo's back-end. So maybe it keeps thinking that they are the same device, when in actuality they are different?

For the moment I have deleted the "iPhone 15 Pro" device in Privacy Center so that should resolve the issue in the short term. However I suspect that it may reappear again in the future.

Is Arlo aware of this issue and/or are there any plans to address it?

EDIT:

I just did a bit of testing. I logged out of the app, then logged into my.arlo.com and deleted ALL devices (including the "iPhone 15 Pro" device), then logged out of ALL sessions. Then I logged back in to the Arlo Secure app. Lo and behold, the "iPhone 15 Pro" device reappeared in Privacy Center! I removed it again from Privacy Center so hopefully that fixes things temporarily.

Jasonnsac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!!! You rock!

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@DualShock so your old device keeps reappearing in the privacy center? Is it there now?

@Jasonnsac2 Thank you!

j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN,

You got the geo devices successfully enabled again.

however, the automations using geofences does not work.

To be able to tag the currently  "connected" geo devices/ telephones I have used a suffix # and * 

As You can see, I have successfully change one one of the geo devices from the suffix # to * that tells me that this is a device that is currently connected/ in use. however, when i look into "Last active" this is a date in the past. How can that be possible, when I know that this unit have been active today?

Arlo geo devices.png

DualShock
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN ,

It reappeared in Privacy Center but I deleted. I posted a bit more info in my other thread:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Geofencing-not-working-after-iPhone-upgrade-old-device-kee...

kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have exactly this problem.  My iPhone keeps showing up twice in the list of available geofence devices.  When I delete the duplicate, sometimes it shows back up in 2 days, other times in 2 hours.  I've told Arlo that it has to do with the fact that I upgraded iPhones.  I made it to second level support, who tell me that the engineering team is and has been aware of the problem, and that I should wait for a fix.  This was weeks ago.

Please post if you have discovered a fix to this problem.  I've seen other posts relative to geofence devices not showing up at all, and this problem was fixed by completely deleting the account and starting over.  Does anyone know if doing that will fix the duplicate iPhones problem?

j-eirik
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly same problem here. DO NOT delete Your account and start over again, this does not fix the problem! We have to wait for a fix….

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you all dm me your iPhone model and version. As well as screenshots of the duplicates when setting up Arrive/Leave, screenshot of the Privacy Center, friend's/guest access mobile devices that should appear in automation. Thank you!

Tommy7
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Brooke,  have you had a chance to take a look at this? I’ve checked the geofencing and the 3 old devices are still appearing for my wife’s account. Thanks

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. It happened once before when i deleted the phones on the web app. Currently i have my phone listed as available for GF in privacy settings and it is a trusted device yet in automations no devices show.  

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the exact same problem. The support people cannot help me. I raised a ticket four months ago and still nothing. I can delete the phones in the privacy centre but they always come back. It also happens with my wife’s phone who has been invited to my account. Eventually my two phones become four and GF stops working. If I delete the old phones GF works fine, until they return. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is getting looked into. I do not have an update as of today, but I will provide one as soon as possible. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you send me  iPhone model and version. As well as screenshots of the duplicates when setting up Arrive/Leave, screenshot of the Privacy Center, friend's/guest access mobile devices that should appear in automation. Thank you!

Retired_Member
Not applicable
  • I have used Arlo products for a number of years and know them very well. 
  • since updating to the Arlo secure app I have problems with Geofencing. 
  • I have two iPhones, mine the primary account and my wife who has been invited to my account. 
  • I start with the two phones and then in a few hours or a day, the phones duplicate themselves and break GF. 
  • I can delete my duplicated phone in the privacy section but it will always come back. 
  • in automations I start with the two phones and then the duplicate phones will appear. 
  • I have deleted the app and reinstalled, no change. Deleted trusted device and retrusted, no change. Delete the Arlo account and start again, no change. 
  • I have raised this with support but as I have just closed my account and opened a new one for the second time in five months, I have to start again. 
  • is there anyone who can relate to this issue. Arlo support do nothing and after four months I got nowhere with them. 
  • can anybody help?
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Retired_Member they are not closed you are opening numerous posts with the same questions. I have let you know on previous posts that the multiple devices is being looked into at the moment. I do not have any further information as of today, however as soon as I do I will let you know on one of the other post that you have. This one will be being closed out as a duplicate. 

kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

I deleted one of the duplicate phones using the web app, and perhaps selected the "right" one because things started working normally.  No duplicate iPhones, and geofencing worked as expected.  Then I changed the "When everyone leaves" automation to have no action, since I didn't want to arm the security system while workers were in the house, yet both my wife and I were away.  Now, though I see both my and my wife's phone in Privacy Center (with no duplicates), only my wife's phone shows up in the Arrive/Leave automations.  I went from 2 iPhones for me and 1 for my wife showing up there, to 0 iPhones for me and 1 for my wife showing up.  Any hints on how to get my iPhone to show back up in the Arrive/Leave automations?

Jasonnsac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

@BrookeN   The geofencing worked for about 5 days then stopped functioning. Still see my devices listed and have them selected correctly in the automations. Of course have verified phone location and other settings are unchanged and correct.  Have installed and reinstalled application. Rebooted hubs. No luck.  Have been reading threads for any suggestions. I am stuck. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  One of the reasons upgraded my camera system with the alarm system was because of the geofencing. I hate to lose use of it. Thank you for your time. 

kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE: I deleted one of the duplicate iPhones in the web app, and things started working.  But then, though I had no duplicates in Privacy Center, I only had Linda's iPhone in the Arrive/Leave automations - "Steve's iPhone renamed" was completely missing.  Then overnight, things changed, and the next morning, I once again had duplicate iPhones in the Privacy Center, but only my and Linda's iPhone in the automations (which is what one would want). I renamed one of the duplicates in Privacy Center to "Steve's 2 iPhone renamed" and the results are a) "Steve's iPhone renamed" and "Linda's iPhone" in automations as shown in mobile app, and b) "Steve's 2 iPhone renamed" and "Linda's iPhone" as shown in automations in web app.

Don't know if this sheds light on what might be going on, but I certainly don't understand it.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jasonnsac2 can you explain more what you are seeing with the Geofencing? What is not working with it? what behavior you are seeing?

Jasonnsac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Settings all seem to be correct. However as I leave and return to my home the automations fail to activate. 

IMG_0014.png

IMG_0017.png

IMG_0016.png

IMG_0018.png

 clearly there are old devices on the account. Given all the issues lately I am reluctant to delete them.    We have a full range of cameras, doorbell, lights and alarm system.   Again thank you for your time. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kranknpop can you please see if they are there now?

kranknpop
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @BrookeN .  I dm'ed you.  If we discover any other hints/tips on this issue, I'll post here to share with the broader community.

MrPink44323
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue with the geofencing. Me and my wife are updating our phones and the app is not correctly removing the old devices. It seems arlo has an app issue. I don't understand why it doesn't delete permanently.

Jasonnsac2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Follow up to previous post

geofencing is once again working. The issue seemed to be tied to the user who access was shared to to. 

what I did to resolve 

1.  Removed shared access

2.  Logout and logged back in on my profile   
3. Went to privacy center and removed any extra devices still listed under available geofence devices

4.  Logged out and back in to my profile

5.  Reshared access to 2nd user and setup on their device

6. On shared user privacy center there was one extra device still listed under available geofence devices( which also appeared again on main user geofence list)

7.  Removed extra device from list on shared user available geofence device list. Logged out and logged back in

8. Logged out and back in again on main user device. 
geofence was now working. 

hope someone is able to understand this and that it might help someone out.