Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Gutz
Tutor
Tutor

My Arlo Q shows a recording time of more than the time it actually records. One video shows it to be 58 seconds long but it actually stops recording at the 30 second mark (which is where I have it set to end recording). The video stops at the last frame but the marker keeps moving to the right for the remaining time (28 seconds in this case) but shows noting new and the sound stops.

103 REPLIES 103
Mucapaca
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately im still having the same problem with my ios app. Everyday I am donating a sample of a video. I know this shouldn’t take or sound like harassing. But people trusted this company with their money for this piece of technology to work for their safety. So hopefully they will understand how frustrating it is for customers as well.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

This issue has been resolved with firmware release 1.8.3.2_21995. Please check your Arlo Q firmware to be sure you have the latest version. You can view the release notes here: Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

JamesC

kyle2
Tutor
Tutor

Still only records 20 to 25 seconds per clip.  This update didnt do anything for me.  Arlo Q is still garbage for me.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

kyle2,

What length do you have your recordings set to within your rules? What length is expected?

JamesC