Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.3.2_21995 - 7th August 2018

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jacabjemss
Follower
Follower

Release Notes - Arlo Q/Q+ FW 1.8.4.4_25125.1.2 - 7th August 2018

Arlo Q/Q+ firmware version 1.8.4.4_25125.1.2

Fix video freeze on library playback
Fix zoom issue when rotating image
Bug Fixes

4 REPLIES 4
PGMan
Aspirant
Aspirant

My firmware still shows as 1.8.3.2_21995 and says no firmware updates available. I've been having the problem of the live stream randomly cutting out after a few mins on all 3 Arlo Q cameras. Been going on for at least a couple weeks now. Any tips on how to force the firmware to update? Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

1.8.3.2_21995 is the current firmware release, i'm not sure what the user above is referencing with that firmware version. Editing subject line to avoid further confusion within the community.

PGMan,

Live streaming issues are often times related to the connection quality between the camera and your router. What does the signal strength icon show for these cameras?

JamesC

PGMan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the clarification on firmware version. I have full bars for wifi signal on all three cameras. They’ve been working fine for a couple months now and nothing has changed with my router setup. I’ve got wireless APs hardwired to gigabit Ethernet in two of the rooms with cameras. They’re direct line of sight within 10-12 feet of the cameras. The third camera is directly on other side of a bedroom wall from one of the APs. Speed tests are giving 300-350 Mbps down and 400-450 Mbps up at each of the cameras. I don’t believe it’s the wifi since the live stream issues just recently started less than two weeks ago, and everything else in my house is working like normal.. I’ve also tried on multiple devices, and uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well. Hoping not to have to factory reset all the cameras, but guess I could try that next. Happy to listen to any other ideas or suggestions.
PGMan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also, the specific error message I’m seeing is the following -
“The connection to the media server has timed out.”
It seems to refresh itself in about 10-15 seconds, and once I exit the error message the live stream comes back....until a few mins later when it all happens again.