Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

dB20
Star
Star

Arlo app only plays latest selected video no matter what video I select from my library. For example, if I select a video from earlier in the day, it plays the latest one. It was working fine until I updated to latest version of the app. iPhone app ver 2.7.1.

244 REPLIES 244
Cwalls
Guide
Guide
Has anyone figured out why when I tap on a video in my library, it automatically plays the last recorded video? This is only happening on my iOS phone. Not any other device. My wife has the same phone and hers is not acting this way. Thanks
swmalone
Initiate
Initiate

Just recently no matter what video I click on to watch in the Arlo app it will only play the most recently recorded video.  I'm using an iphone SE with iOS 12.0.1.

Has anyone ran into this issue and if so any suggestions on correcting it?

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

this problem has been posted on this board a few times.

it is do to the bad APP 2.7.1 update on Jan 18

you need to call support takes about 15 minutes and open a case#

they wont fix it unless we all open a case

they will tell you delete the app and reinstall it. that does not work !

besure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

I call every day for status on my case#

I dont believe they have any inetention of fixing the problem

so far I have paid for 10 days without being able to play the library

they are horrible, especially when they could re release the old app that was working

brh
Master
Master

@swmalone 

I am on an iphone 8 with software version 12.1.2 and I am not having this problem. Since I don't have the iphone 6 SE I am not sure what the latest software version is for your phone, but check that you are up to date on your software. I have not yet updated to 12.1.3, but I probably will tonight.

Brian

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am on IOS 21.1.3 and Arlo 2.7.1 iphone 6S

you are a lucky one, there are Iphone 8 that work ok, and some that dont !

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

sorry 12.1.3 IOS

Greystang91
Aspirant
Aspirant
I called support today and they tell me that it’s a known issue and there should be a fix in 4 or 5 days. So I guess I’ll just sit back and wait. I was contemplating adding 4 additional cameras on top of the 4 that I currently have, but I think I’ll use the 4 or 5 days to look at some other options.
ChazThePhoenix
Tutor
Tutor

The app (at least iOS) is still broken. Arlo support is USELESS, becuase they are not code writers.  There is obviously a broken line of code (i suspect the developer just copy / pasted a line and didnt change the parameters or whatever.  

what is happening wiht me is no matter what video I chose form my library - I can see them all- it ONLY plays the last recorded video. I wish I captured the chat with support. It tooj a good 10 min to explian that so the person understood. Oh a tip....swipe the vidoe and it WILL go to teh next one...but good luckgoing back a day or so with the swipe method

bad app update.

dont even botther talking to support.  After a good 45 min to connect via chat, I got the same "try restarting this and clearing that". NONE of it worked. It views as expected through the web browser.

VERY lame

Evonnie
Aspirant
Aspirant

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

be sure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

I don’t believe they have any intention of fixing the problem

they are horrible, especially when they could re release the old app that was working

adajet
Aspirant
Aspirant

JB_PDX
Aspirant
Aspirant
2 separate phones both with Arlo app with latest update. One phone/app plays latest recorded clip no matter what clip is selected and the other phone/app plays the correct selected clip. Very confused and frustrated. IOS.
kllchem
Aspirant
Aspirant

bandsstewart
Tutor
Tutor

I am going crazy with this issue. I have the iphone 5s and i used to be able to pull up past video on my phone with the arlo app. Now I can only get the most recent video no matter what I do. The videos work properly on my desktop computer though. I do want this to work on my phone app though because that is how I use arlo. What could have caused this and what is the fix? I get no support from arlo at all.

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

I thought about upgrading my iphone to 8, but i understand that

some work some dont... so probably a bad bet...

IF THIS IS IOS

be sure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

be sure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa

bandsstewart
Tutor
Tutor

dont do it. that is what is causing the problem . I have version 12.1.3 on my iphone and can no longer view my videos.

bandsstewart
Tutor
Tutor

I have tried everything and nothing has worked. I am on the phone with them now. I dont think they have a solution. Its the new app that came out. Dont upgrade! My phone auto upgrades and thats when my problem started.

swmalone
Initiate
Initiate

I just got off the phone.  They recommended I use a computer to view the videos.  When I told them I primarily want to view the videos when I'm away from a computer they then suggested using a web browser on my phone.  They did say that it is a known issue on iOS and that they are working on it and should have an update in 4-5 days.

TexasMLB
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having same issue with app on Iphone with only being able to access the latest video no matter which of the 4 cameras recorded it. I have latest iphone and Arlo App software, emptied the Safari cache and did Live Chat with agent which was an expereince because at times they werent there during conversation string. I was told it was escalated to tech drpt but unfortunately did not get a case number.
Mike7776
Initiate
Initiate
When using library in App for iPhone, it only plays latest video no matter which one I pick to view. Worked fine for over a year and now this. Reinstalled app and same thing. Thanks for the help.
Kosovolewis2002
Initiate
Initiate
Same here - app only shows latest video
PJ_P
Initiate
Initiate

I have multiple videos in my library. Whichever one I select to play it only plays the most recent one. For example if I select a video from January 28, it plays the most recent one from today (January 29).

meizydavid
Apprentice
Apprentice

IF THIS IS IOS

be sure to get a case#

1-408-638-3750 usa