Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro version motion recording delay solved?

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 14 In Conversation
roobz
Follower
Follower

Does the new pro version take care of the delay between when motion is detected and when the recording starts?  Can you always be caching the video to avoid the delay?  It made the product useless as a security device for cars driving by, or even bikes.  The delay was significant enough that if it did catch the trigger, it was almost off screen already.

31 REPLIES 31
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I already answered the question.
BrutaLezzysNome
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine's only a week old and, so far, I'm disappointed.  The delay is unacceptable.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BrutaLezzysNome,

This could be due to camera placement. Consider posting a screenshot of the cameras field of view along with a description of the motion you are trying to capture so we can better understand your cameras conditions.

JamesC

BrutaLezzysNome
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app reports that the wireless connection is as strong as possible.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Move it near the base temporarily to see if it improves. If so, there's something about the camera location that could be the issue. It could be that repositioning the base could help or a relocation of the camera.
Amvan
Initiate
Initiate

the delay is still there and makes the camera useless for security, on top of risking loosing the device if thief knows about the delay...

I got mine last night and set it up pointing at about 25ft sidewalk, and the triggered recording started after the people walking out of the frame, on all occasions.

Love everything else about it but will have to return it and go for wired cameras.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Amvan,

The issue you are describing could be due to poor camera positioning, or the motion you are trying to capture is beyond the cameras range. Consider posting a screenshot from the cameras point of view so we can offer suggestions on placement.

JamesC