Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro USB Recording Folder Structure Logic?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Timmy256
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hi,

After a couple of days running a new set-up of the cameras, I took a look at the USB drive and noticed that there were two folders inside the "arlo" in the root:

(might be missing one or more zeros, as I'm not looking at it right now).

I noticed that on the first folder, there were about 150+ files for the two days, and on the second one, about 90 (yet) from the current day.

Does anybody know when Arlo "splits" the folders and create a new one? Is it when it reach a certain limit of files to hold inside? I ask this because I manually deleted some of the files and I'd like to group the files as most as possible, by movind those on the "2" folder to the "1", but I'd need to know the logic of why the new folder was created first.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I believe after a certain number of videos (I thought it was 512 but can't be sure), a new folder is created. It's not based on days or size, simply numbers.
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Unsure of WHY the folders are created in a certain pattern...it may be due to the FAT32 format and how it functions and / or the SW

But I can't see any issue with ejecting the drive, and creating a KEEP folder and dragging those you want over to it, then re installing the drive.

It shouldn't effect the operation. Esp if you copy - paste.

BUT, if you already went thru the trouble of ejecting the drive and hooking into another device, why wouldn't you just drag over the files you want to keep to a separate drive ( computers HD ), there by have a backup too.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------