Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can Arlo Apps Refresh Snapshot When the Camera Triggers?

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
BHegglin
Guide
Guide

I have configured an Android Tablet to constantly display Arlo on the Devices screen.  I believed the snapshot on the screen would update everytime there was a trigger, however, it doesn't.  Is it possible to have the snapshot update whenever there is a trigger?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the Live View... the snapshot is the last time you either viewed or had a trigger event ( recording )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

In the Live View... the snapshot is the last time you either viewed or had a trigger event ( recording )

Morse is faster than texting!
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had open and close the app 2 times to get refresh there no refresh button and video feed totally inconvenience on ios
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I occasionally get an old thumbnail on my cameras (got one right now on my Q), even after refreshing or logging out.  It would seem to be a server issue since that's what would be supplying the image.

BHegglin
Guide
Guide

Unfortunately, that is not what is happening.  I have tested this on three platforms - Windows (10), Android (Marshmellow and Nugat), and Apple (iPad) and it still does not update.  It does update after I press "Live View" and after viewing a library video, but my objective is to update automatically after a triggered recording.  Any suggestions?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I haven't really paid attention but usually the thumbnail updates after a recording.
BHegglin
Guide
Guide

I have to update my previous post: The snapshot does not update after exiting the Library.  Looks like it only updates if you exit the app and go back in or press the "LIVE" button.  I will do a feature request.

BHegglin
Guide
Guide

Hi TomMac.  Hate to disagree with you, but I have not had the same experience.  This issue is not resolved.  If the app is left active / open, the app does not automatically update the image.  I see the motion and USB icons go yellow, then back to black, but the image does not update on either my Windows 10 computer or Android app.

Vegasdon
Initiate
Initiate
  • I have the same question.  I have a dedicated iPad that only has the Arlo app being displayed.  The labrary does not update until the app is closed and reopened.  It would be great if the app would auto refresh, the thumbnails and the library.
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
device and libary need a pull down refresh
Vegasdon
Initiate
Initiate

Perhaps a toggle for turning on auto refresh.  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The library autorefreshes and you can pull down, too, at least on Android. The Devices tab normally autorefreshes, too, but does seem to have an issue on occasion.