Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Msdebhawaii
Star
Star
My cameras are experiencing an issue of not recording video to the library.  Everything was working fine.  Now they detect motion but are not saving video to the library. All videos for the month of May have disappeared from my library.
Apparently, this problem is widespread based on what I am reading as known issues.
102 REPLIES 102
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@78Stallion

Can you provide a little more context regarding the issue you are experiencing? 

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

78Stallion
Tutor
Tutor
Its too late. I've explained and explained. They do not function regularly. Sometimes they record, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they notify, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they see a vehicle, sometimes they don't!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@78Stallion

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 41112362

KLH48
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am also having this problem with 2 base stations, a VMB4000 (2 years old) and a VMB3500. Can see live streaming and hear audio when cameras are on, but there is no recording in the Library. We just added the VMB3500 and several new cameras. They were working okay, and recording in the cloud. I had an issue with Firefox and Flash (now resolved) but Library videos were viewable on mobile devices (IOS and android) and on desktop using Microsoft Edge. We haven't had any videos recording since September 9th, several days after the new install. This has been very frustrating. Four of the cameras are difficult to access, so I am hoping for a solution that doesn't involve resyncing them.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start by seeing if you can make a manual recording from each camera.

If that works, then double-check that the mode for both base stations is armed.   If they are armed, then I'd try restarting the base stations next.

KLH48
Aspirant
Aspirant
Resetting the base stations worked. Thanks.
wsuraci
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @StephenB All but one camera is recording. The camera has worked fine up  until they all stopped recording. I have removed the rechargeable battery cube and relinked to the base station. I also reset the base station. I am able to manually record. No recordings appear in the library but I do get alerts.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @wsuraci

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

KLH48
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the link. Yes, I've sent two emails and, theoretically have had two cases opened (#41097123 and #41119511), but I have yet to hear back from them. Once I was offered a chat option, and after I spent some time explaining my problem in detail, when I clicked submit, I received a message that chat was off-line. I've waited on hold to try to reach tech support without success. So the short answer is that I've pretty much given up on Arlo customer support.

I've achieved a partial resolution based on my own experimentation, but still have 2 new cameras that are not sending video to the library. They are on the same base unit as two older cameras that are sending videos to the library, so it's not the base unit. I can manually view them and take videos from my phone and the desktop, but they just don't record to the library. I'm out of ideas.

Since you are a moderator, may I make a suggestion about how this forum is constructed? It seems that the only way to add an issue that is new to the user, but recurring among multiple users, is to either respond to the original post or to open a "new topic". The problem is, it is difficult to find the solution even using the 'go to solution' link and the topic is a jumble of problems, suggested solutions and (least helpful) gripes. We rarely get feedback on what worked and what didn't, and if we do it's there in the jumble. If the community site were organized differently, say by topic, with links for users to say they have a similar problem and a bullet list of suggested solutions that might help. Also if users could indicated whether they tried specific solutions or not, and whether they were successful or not, that would provide some guidance.

Thanks for responding.

Karen

Tonle
Aspirant
Aspirant

In addition to switching off after the restart I removed camera and base station from my Network then restarted all over again adding base station and camera!

Bingo all successful camera is a wirefree device!

Good luck

KLH48
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing your experience. The two cameras that were not sending pictures to the library did send some today (the first time since they were installed more than 2 weeks ago, and about 1 week after I reset the base stations.) Arlo technical support has been in touch and I think if they can help me shorten the time between when motion is detected and the video recording begins I'll be all set. Hopefully the recording won't be intermittent.

Psw88
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having the same issue I get a notification and go to library( shows multiple videos) but nothing there , close the app 1/2 times then they show up.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Psw88

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Kityeo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I getting notifications but no recordings to the Library
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kityeo wrote:
I getting notifications but no recordings to the Library

What cameras do you have?

Tonle
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I have only one camera
I removed all devices using Arlo app then removed the Netgear router

Starting again app searched and found router then once that was set up searched for my one and only camera

result success notification via email now has a link to the recording(s)

hope that helps!

ATL
Aspirant
Aspirant

May I exchange 2 cams for one camera with continues recording?

KDR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware:1.14.1.1_2913_78b189a  Hardware:VMB4000r3   OS:iPhone 7  

I did not receive videos or notifications in my library. I deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled it.  Rebooted the base station.  I started receiving notifications but was not getting videos in the library.  I went to the Arlo LIve Online Agent.  The agent had me power down the base station for 2 minutes.  After base station boot up I started receiving both notifications and videos.

Malave1803
Aspirant
Aspirant

Front door camera not recording. Plugged to station, full battery. It does capture image when walking by it, does not send notification.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Malave1803

Have you tried to remove your camera from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add it?

Sasquatch1105
Aspirant
Aspirant

Not recording any movement! but work when live.
what else do you need to know does not record

Sasquatch1105
Aspirant
Aspirant

So your answer to fix the problem is remove the cameras and reinstall.

seriously, why don’t you refund the money and I’ll go buy a blink system:
Neighbors have a blink system about as long as I’ve had my Arlo they haven’t experienced any of these problems with their system.

thank you for your time.

ubeurban
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having similar problems, I actually didn't realize the cameras were not registering any content (motion is still operational) until I was out of town checking on the residence. I've done the basic troubleshooting techniques from restarting the base station to individually turning on and off cameras, and so on. 

If there's a simple fix please let me know...

Much appreciated.

KDR1
Aspirant
Aspirant

I did not remove the cameras. I deleted the ARLO App and reinstalled a fresh version from the App Store.  I shut off the base station for 2 minutes and then repowered.  I was given this advice by the Live Online Arlo representative.  

ubeurban
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the heads up, I'll give that a try. I was considering removing all the cameras and reinstalling them (but this is the last thing i would like to execute).