Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Aspirant

Re: App no working phone crashes

XS iPhone
Model: VMC4030 | Arlo Pro Wire-Free Camera
Message 226 of 535
Aspirant

How do you know that? What’s the solution? Do Return the 3 cameras?
Message 227 of 535
brh Master
Master

Several users are saying that downloading the ios 12.1.1 public beta solves this problem.

Message 228 of 535
Initiate

My app is no longer working on the latest update

My app is no longer working on the latest update
Message 229 of 535
Aspirant

Re: 2.6.2 is broken

I have 10 Arlo Pro cameras across 2 base stations. Every time I try to view live video on my iPhone XS Max it locks up.
Message 230 of 535
Initiate

Re: Arlo app on iPhone/iPad. v2.6.2 lock ups

Ditto here too. Just installed 12.1.1 public beta 3 and everything works again. But still no excuse for Netgear to release an update without testing it!
Model: VMC4030P | Arlo Pro 2 Wire-Free Camera
Message 231 of 535
Initiate

Re: iPhone App Freezes

Thanks Brian,

I updated to Beta 12.1.1

all functions of Arlo now working correctly.

Much appreciated!

Message 232 of 535
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App locks up

Lock happening to me too on iPhone XS Max. Every time. Tried everything. So disappointed. I work in industry and if I don’t see fix in next Couple days, going to spam this publically. This is redicous when people spend so much money to protect loved ones and it doesn’t work!!!
Message 233 of 535
Guru

Re: ARLO APP KEEPS CRASHING

My devices that work are a Galaxy Tab S3 on 8.0 and a Pixel 3 XL on 9 so it's not new devices and OSes. My problem device is an old Nexus 6 on a custom ROM, LineageOS 15.1 (Android 8.1).

Message 234 of 535
Aspirant

Great! How do I get the APT file in the meantime. So frustrating.
Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 235 of 535
Aspirant

app on iPhone nor working and freezes as soon as you want to watch live feed. Can’t do anything till it force closes its self.
Message 236 of 535
Aspirant

Re: Arlo and iPhone MAX and IOS 12.1 - Do not work

Just noticed if you go to each device camera position setting you can view the camera live without freezing the iphone
Message 237 of 535
Aspirant

Re: Arlo iOS App 2.6.2 issues

I tried UX switch but software keeps crashing my phone. App works fine on my iPad Pro and iPhone X but is crashing on iPhone X’s max. 

Message 238 of 535
Aspirant

Re: iPhone XS Max crashes

I wish I would have read these forums earlier, I recently moved and hadn’t hooked up my original arlo system that I bought few years ago so I hadn’t used for a month or two but bought two new Arlo Pro 2 to add to my system on Black Friday  and hooked up and my phone crashes every time I go live, are you kidding me! This system is a joke, time to return, move on to a better company that actually works and addresses software issues

Message 239 of 535
Guru

Re: Arlo App Updates Crashing 11/21/18

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Message 240 of 535
Guru

Re: My app is no longer working on the latest update

Many existing threads on this. It only happens on some devices. I have 3 and it only happens on 1. Open a case with support here to add pressure.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

You can also try a different device and/or use a browser.

Message 241 of 535
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App IOS problem

Arlo App for iOS Version 2.6.2 not able to live stream, freezes and then crashes. Note: Live streaming via web browser on Mac Air for same account still operating normally.

iPhone XS Max 256 GB (145 GB available) running iOS 12.1

iPhone device has been soft and hard reset

Arlo App reinstalled, no change

Arlo Smart Premier Paid Subscriber

I'm new to posting in these forums, if the iOS App feedback belongs elsewhere please point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Message 242 of 535
Arlo Moderator

Re: Arlo App 2.6.2

Hey @AceAnya,

Are you running on the latest iOS version, which is 12.1, on your iPhone XS? Try to uninstall the app, restart the phone, and reinstall the app and see if this resolves the issue.

Message 243 of 535
Aspirant

How do you do the beta updated
Message 244 of 535
Initiate

iPhone XS Max 512Gb, iOS 12.1, Arlo 2.6.2

Sounds like iOS 12.1.1 is the way to go then... thanks!
Message 245 of 535
Initiate

How do you get the APT file?
Message 246 of 535
Mentor

Re: 2.6.2 is broken

@jpower9 wrote:
I have 10 Arlo Pro cameras across 2 base stations. Every time I try to view live video on my iPhone XS Max it locks up.

Not a great answer, but some folks have found that joining Apple’s beta program and installing iOS 12.1.1 solves the problem.  Others have found a workaround by using Positioning Mode.  Might be good until things are fixed.  One other wild card workaround is remote controlling a PC that has one of the working browser interfaces on it.  Two or three popular browsers are broken ,but some like Firefox, work.

Message 247 of 535
Aspirant

Re: Arlo App 2.6.2

Hi @JessicaP,

Yes I have the latest iOS - just tried reinstalling the app a few times and it still does not work and freezes up my phone.
Message 248 of 535
Aspirant

Version 2.6.2 update

The new update version 2.6.2 doesn't work well on the iOS X iphone: freezes my screen and I can't even shut down my phone, doesn't respond to haptics, crashes. The previous version worked seamlesly. I wonder if I can restore it somehow? Otherwise the app is impossible to use at this time. 

Model: VMC3040|Arlo-Q HD with Audio
Message 249 of 535
Tutor

Re: iPhone XS Max crashes

I too wish I had read about the issues with this system. I am responsible for consumer service for a product that sells more systems than this and we respond to issues like this within an hour. Whoever is managing this brand should be ashamed.
Message 250 of 535